Dead Pixels On Gp32

shinneri posted on Apr 7 2005 at 05:28 PM said:
Yes, the PSP is obviously very cheaply/poorly produced (thus the dead pixels), but isn't that true for every Sony product ever made?

As for my GP32's screen, absolutely perfect.  :D

Maybe we're just lucky, but my Wife and I have many Sony products, and so far, only my PSP shows any sign of 'defects' ... with its one lit pixel.

We :wub: Sony, and that's no baloney ;)

Oh, and to stay on-topic:

FLU (which I sold) = no dead pixels
BLU = no dead pixels

Last edited by a moderator:
It hadn't even crossed my mind that the gp32_console could even have dead pixels. Its that rare, I can't recall anyone ever bringing it up. Which is nice :D

All LCD products have a chance of DPs, but the producer of the screens usually dumps those with a high failure rate the higher the dump rate the more expensive they are, Sony probably accepted a higher failure rate to save money than Gamepark did resulting in the sizable difference in DPs.

craigix posted on Apr 8 2005 at 03:46 AM said:
I don't think we have ever had one out of thousands, GP might be using grade 1 screens which are dead pixel free from the factory, they could probably save some money going down sonys route.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hey, don't go giving them any ideas, no one wants the GP32 to be as bad as PSP.

I actually had a GP32 BLU with 1/3 of a dead pixel (red stuck on, rest of the triplet ok) and I sold it to Pulstar that posts here. Yes, I told him before I sold it to him.

My FLU = None

My BLU+ = None

I bought two psps and sold one "used" on ebay for $255. None of em has any dead pixels, but my friend bought one and it has a dead pixel (poor him). 3 of my other friends also bought psps but they didnt have any dead pixels.

I've got a GP32, five various Gameboys, a GameGear, a PC Engine GT, three various Wonderswans, a Neo Geo Pocket and a Pocket Color, a Sega Nomad, a Pocket Famicom, a PSP and a DS, and the DS is the only one I've ever had with a dead pixel, also on the touch screen. Seems to be more of an issue with the DS than the PSP. The GP screen is fine.

Dave.

There is already a thread about this, here.
But since it has an unsignificant title and is rather old i don´t blame you for not searching, schaap.

nope never had a dead pixel to date. :)

but i want to get a psp soon and it will be from japan maybe. ;) also if it had lots of dead pixels i would keep on having to send it back and forth which i could realy not be bothered with. if any one can persuade me to getting me a ds please try.... pm me

my gp32 doesnt have one...
i also have a Gameboy, Gameboy Color and DS..
the DS has one on the top screen, but i dont care it isnt anoying or something like that.

PS: i have one also on my mobile

i have the taiwanese lcd and have had no problems yet, unlike my psp withit's 8 pixels off and counting! although i have heard that the latest jap and US systems have been drastically improved

My GP has 0 deadpixels, unless you count the bottom row that act weird in most/every program (blu+).

My DS has no dead pixels until I start a game, then I get a cyan/blue pixel. :p It's obviously not a screen fault since it's fine in the start up screen etc. Weird.

Back