Dead Xbox

c0ncept

H.R. Gigers wet dream
Website
Visit site
Okey-Dokey, my girlfriends xbox died a death last night. This is fine as I have one anyway, but the thing is we both have some pretty important saves on her harddrive. Is there anyway of getting these files off of her totally dead xbox? I was maybe thinking of putting her xbox harddrive in my PC and transferring the files across via ethernet to my xbox. Would this work?

Thanks

Paul

Well I know it is a standard HDD, and I'm pretty sure with the XBox scene the way it is (brilliant) someone has made a program for extracting saves.

BTW are you sure it isn't just a dead drive?

If the xbox is modded and the drive unlocked, then you can extract the saves. If however, the xbox is totally dead and the HDD is locked then you have lost everything that was on there.

Sorry! Same thing happened to me.

Coundn't he install the drive into the other 'box and copy the saves to a memory card?

Sorry if I'm talking crap, don't know much about the Xbox.

Nah, it's locked using a code specific to that xbox mobo. There's no way to get the saves at all unless you backed them up to a memory card, or have a modded xbox with an unlocked drive (or you backed your saves up to the pc with a modded xbox like I luckily did :)).

Back