Debian

Stocker

Still Fresh
I've managed to get a base install of debian running. I've managed to get Xorg going and a copy of openbox installed. Now I have no idea how to get the nubs working as a mouse and the touchscreen doesn't seem to respond. Also wireless isn't working. None of this is surprising, but wondered if anyone had any tips or advice on how to fix these things ?

I've copied over the contents of /lib from my pandora as I presume I'll need most of that stuff.

Any help with be great!

Ok so apparently I needed to apt-get install hal, now the touchscreen sort of works. Movement seems reversed.

You'll need libts and the xserver driver for libts.

There's then some stuff you need to export into the environment ( I'm at work, and can't check ) so that it can pick up the ts.conf file.
I think it's this:
export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/touchscreen0
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf

Stick it in you bash profile or something.
You'll then need the tslib-bin (or something like that) package which has ts_calibrate in it.

When you restart X with the tslib installed BEFORE calibrating, the touchscreen will be quite mad... it caught me offguard as I thought it was worse! Just calibrate it ( only need to do it once ) and you'll be fine :)

I'll update when I get home what it is, as I've already done it for the new Debian extend I'm working on.

Thanks Stuckie.

I've got libts and the like installed and the exports in place, but ts_calibrate complains about ts_open when I try to run it. Been messing around trying to get wifi working (think I need to read up on modules a lot more). I think I'm going to wait for your debian extend and learn more from that.

Debian does seem to run very nicely, even from a really old 1gig SD card.

You need to get the TS_DEVICE export with the /dev/input device right, else you get the ts_open issue.

It was /dev/input/touchscreen0 on mine, you might have to have a poke around /dev to see what yours has ended up.

Oh, and make sure you sudo ts_calibrate ... else it fails as well.

Back