December Update

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
http://openpandora.org/

Updates for December

The credit card reordering which is required for some customers has not yet started, we will email you all when it does and we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.

Remember to add your name to the newsletter mailing list if you want to order a Pandora when more are available, it's possible this may be sooner than you think as we will probably have 200-300 spare from the first batch.

Also we now have a dedicated press relations guy, if you need anything press related please email chip@openpandora.org and he will do his best to make wonderful things happen.

It's very good to see them up front with this on the front page of the site.

Zoppe said:
the team paid for all the pandoras out of their pockets?
I vaguely recall reading they've got their houses and other things on the line here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates for December
...we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.

I wonder if they will be able to build one and show it off before retaking the orders. That might be a smart move.

200-300 extra orders? Do you think that many people are going to choose to not re-order? I honestly figured that number would be closer to 10-20. I'll try to have a little hope in humanity and assume that number is so big because Craig&Co now have a better idea of the actual batch size.

sinoth said:
200-300 extra orders? Do you think that many people are going to choose to not re-order? I honestly figured that number would be closer to 10-20. I'll try to have a little hope in humanity and assume that number is so big because Craig&Co now have a better idea of the actual batch size.

When you look at the "Do you intend to re-order"-poll and assume that it is roughly representative then you'll come to that 200-300 assumption, if you further assume, that some people who want to order from the second batch will be convinced to re-order from the first again.QUOTE
the team paid for all the pandoras out of their pockets?
Chip said:
Even if every single CC customer decided not to reorder, we still have the money and resources to make the 2000-or-so (according to Craig) Pandoras that are already paid for. As I've tried to make clear in past posts, the bank problem is a nuisance, but it does not put the entire project at risk. We're losing money on this batch no matter what, but that's not really a problem. We're in this for the long haul. Future batches will pay back all shortfalls from this batch, even if half the orders disappear.
So take that 2000-or-so and add the save re-orders(including the people who made bank transfers and those who weren't affected at all) and you get an even more than rock-solid financial situation for the entire first batch.

we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.

Why are they waiting to put the reorder page up? I thought they were going to get it up ASAP

Yigguth said:
we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.

Why are they waiting to put the reorder page up? I thought they were going to get it up ASAP
If they put it up too early, they will be in breach of the terms and conditions of there payment processor (which probably has something like 'goods must be shipped within 30 days of payment collection' or other such rules).

Squidge said:
If they put it up too early, they will be in breach of the terms and conditions of there payment processor (which probably has something like 'goods must be shipped within 30 days of payment collection' or other such rules).
I'd love to know what the terms and conditions are if there are any and they are willing to share that information.

Craig said they were going to use Barclays, and the terms and conditions are available on the website (which would also include Visa's terms and conditions).

I'd link to them, but all I get at the moment is "Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " which is pretty common for people using Microsoft .NET for there website...

Squidge said:
Yigguth said:

Then they are still subject to the same card facility T&C that set this off in the first place!

It does suggest one thing though, if CC reordering isn't up, shipping is probably at least 30 days away!

Frogboy said:
Updates for December
...we will try to make it as close to the actual shipping of the Pandora consoles as we can.
I wonder if they will be able to build one and show it off before retaking the orders. That might be a smart move.

Yeah, then people can see it's capability in different tasks people usually need.
It helps to pitch up the demands.

Asmo said:
It does suggest one thing though, if CC reordering isn't up, shipping is probably at least 30 days away!
You are making the assumption that they know when they will be able to ship the device. They probably don't, though, because they are still waiting for the keypads, the rest of the screens and sufficient production yield. All that might happen in a few days time or it might take a few more months in a worst case scenario. When they finally know the shipping date, it might be only a few days away.

Asmo said:
Squidge said:
Yigguth said:

Then they are still subject to the same card facility T&C that set this off in the first place!

Not necessarily. You have to realize that according to the "30 days" line, ALL Pandoras have to be shipped within 30 days of payment. That means that once they put up the re-order page, they expect that the last Pandora will be shipped within a month.

Squidge said:
I'd link to them, but all I get at the moment is "Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " which is pretty common for people using Microsoft .NET for there website...
Anyone feel like we're going from the pan into the fire right now? ;)

Back