"Del" key

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I've been meaning to ask this for a while - how do you press the "Del" key?

Pressing the key as-is gives me a backspace, as expected, and the writing for Del shows where the "shifted" value would be, but if you Shift+Backspace, it still doesn't delete.

Thanks PowerGod!

Edit: Actually, he's set up a really odd combination there

I've used

keycode 118 = Insert Delete NoSymbol

So Fn+Backspace is still Insert, but Shift+Fn+Backspace is Delete. Would prefer Shift+Backspace, but I'm assuming that's not possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help here, that combination was strange even for me, but I never questioned :p

Somebody designed the keyboard layout without checking whether it actually easily works - I'm not actually certain on why shift-backspace cant be del, but shift-backspace is used as a seperate thing (from del... or any other key for that matter) in some places in linux so that may be related... Might get fixed someday but dont hold your breath.

I've found that in some (but not all) contexts  holding Ctrl and ALT while pressing backspace on the Pandora will produce delete.   (and no this does not reset X on the pandora)

I discovered this by feeding delete from an external device through xev on the pandora,  and that's what turned up, so I tried it on the pandora itself and to my surprise it worked, but not consistently across all applications.   It works in Thunar and Mousepad for example, but not in edit boxes in Firefox.

- Neelix

Back