Delivery time question

meeshoo

Still Fresh
Hi,

I am new to the forums and I registered because I really want one of these devices after reading a lot of reviews about it. I also have read about batches, nubs problems, delays, delivery times and so on. Now considering that this nubs problem has been solved (or so I understand), if I place my order now and considering no other unusual problems appear during the parts integration, how much would I have to wait for the console to be delivered?

Thanks

The honest answer is that nobody really knows. I placed my order on the first day and I have no idea when I will receive my unit.

The last optimistic prediction was that batch 1 (i.e. the first 3000~4000 customers) would receive their unit in December and the second batch would start directly afterwards. Due to the nub problems this schedule has become invalid and we are all waiting for an update about this.

If I had to make an optimistic prediction, I think end of January could be possible for finishing the first batch. The second batch would then be finished around February or maybe March.

Keep in mind though, we've heard this information two years before as well. At that time delivery in 2011 sounded as unlikely as delivery in 2012 does now.

<edit>Keep an eye on the news section of these forums for the latest information.</edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your answer. I guess I will wait until they start delivering and order after that. The problem is I have the money now I and wanted a hand-held console quite badly for this Christmas. First I wanted to go for mainstream (PSP, DS) but when I saw the games that are produced for them I was quite disappointed and I thought there are a lot of good old games that can be played on emulators. Then I reviewed the "open" consoles like Pandora, Dingoo and Caanoo, and while the most pricey, it looks like Pandora is the best choice so far. But if it's future is so uncertain (in terms of "when", not "if" of course), I'm not sure anymore if I should wait or go for Caanoo or maybe a mainstream one (Dingoo seemed a little slow)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your answer. I guess I will wait until they start delivering and order after that. The problem is I have the money now I and wanted a hand-held console quite badly for this Christmas. First I wanted to go for mainstream (PSP, DS) but when I saw the games that are produced for them I was quite disappointed and I thought there are a lot of good old games that can be played on emulators. Then I reviewed the "open" consoles like Pandora, Dingoo and Caanoo, and while the most pricey, it looks like Pandora is the best choice so far. But if it's future is so uncertain (in terms of "when", not "if" of course), I'm not sure anymore if I should wait or go for Caanoo or maybe a mainstream one (Dingoo seemed a little slow)...

Ive had a pandora (its back to them to be repaired) and I cant wait for it back, I have a DS lite but 99% of the games for it are rubbish, The things you can do with the pandora is amazing even outside gaming things I didnt think id use alot like chatting on msn on the sofa its well worth the wait IMO and once the batches are out there will be lots more devs porting and writing stuff for it.

As for delivery time Id look at march if you ordered now because then you will hopefully be happily surprised with fast delivery unlike the rest of us.

Well i ordered a gp2x Wiz last friday to make waiting for the Pandora not so hard. I am a 2. batcher. The Wiz isnt the newest of the open source gaming handghelds but it's sold at a reduced price at the moment and it has a dpad. I dont like most of the analog controllers. ^^

Who knows? Things are looking up. I for one feel pretty damned optimistic, knowing that only the boards remain. The most I worry about? Whether there will still be slots left for Batch 2 around Christmas.

Who knows? Things are looking up. I for one feel pretty damned optimistic, knowing that only the boards remain. The most I worry about? Whether there will still be slots left for Batch 2 around Christmas.
Newbie! :p It does take too many Two MonthsTM to take the shine of waiting.

It's been said before but the next big unknown is the board factory. They talk the talk but have they made those boards.

Time (and not too much more of it) will tell.

my personal opinion for you is first buy a dingoo have it shipped to you then pay for pandora and wait for as long as it takes with your dingoo.

I could also wait for the Panasonic Jungle, it looks much more like the Pandora and has linux on it :) (joking).

I decided to not get any of it and just let the money in a bank account and wait to see what happens, as PSP phone, PSP2, 3DS, Jungle, Pandora should all come to life next year at some point, so being patient is the best thing I can do right now.

Ty all for the tips.

Back