Denieng Genocide

Xmoon said:
klikklak said:
OK, I'll bite as well. So he's from Catalonia, so the problem is the moroccans coming over. I ask, who of us lives in our 'native lands'? Do you still live where your grandparents farmed land? .. no, you or someone else moved to better pastures. That's what they're doing as well. It's not the end of the world, unless you bit, chewed and digested the whole nationality biscuit. It's a only good couple centuries old ffs. Now I'm a person who's moved within a country (from midway/northern finland to helsinki), by doing this I lost most of the contacts I had as a child, a completely different country with an another language is worse. Much worse. XMoon could do well by trying to live somewhere else for a year than catalonia (lovely place btw, lived there for half a year or so, but couldn't hack it), it's not all roses you know. Or at least they have spikes.

However being from a minority language (that stepped on an another minority language of the Samis), I can understand 'losing your culture'. But the fact is that cultures are a shifting phenomenon, finnish has something like 300 words from the root language, the rest are loan words. Changes in communication are raising status expectancy in worse off countries and with travel being easy they're voting with their feet, so the best and brightest come over here. That's not bad, that's good, they'll send money and education to their native countries and the disparity in income will close. And they will think highly of the countries that let them do it. Over all everyone will benefit.

So after this leftist rant I'll give the turn to speech back to the catalonian nationalist party or whatever they were called. :)

I'll try to answer in my VERY limited english.

Moroccans?

Moroccans, spanish, algerian, german, southamerican, indian, pakistan, china, blahblahblah.

A century ago ALL people spoke Catalan but upper class "spanished". Today is a 35%.

In Barcelona ONLY 20% people speaks catalan.

Catalonia is very different from Finland.

Weather sucks in Finland. Who would to go there?
Finland is a FREE nation. Catalonia is a SLAVE nation.
We CANNOT decide who comes here. We cannot say NO.

The last massive immigration comes from south-America. They speak spanish and DON'T want to learn other languages.

About 1.5 mil·lion people in ten years in a country of 6 mil·lion. And from these 6 at least 2.5 are spanish who don't care about catalan culture and they speak spanish. They came during 40 years of Franco fascist spanish dictator who forbid our language and culture. And that's only four decades of three hundred years with spanish politics trying to destroy our culture.

Most immigration is the way to import poverty. That's a reality.
shutup shutup shutup

Last edited by a moderator:
Back