Dental Damn!

Winterkid posted on Jul 16 2006 at 06:32 AM said:
Well, I'm one of the few percent who got the rather unfortunate side-effect of my medication for agoraphobia where the calcium isn't absorbed as well....

Well, just be glad you don't have odontophobia.

That would suck, especially in light of all the work. Good luck, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a nasty ride you've got there. You have my sympathy.

I can't believe the dentist is so insensitive to you - are you a known *ahem* whiner? :p

If you can't wait till your next visit - why don't you take some fine sandpaper and file them down yourself?
That's what my old fella did and his dentist didn't mind. In fact prolly saved her a job ;)
She would just have ground them down with her drill anyway.

Or draw a line on them and say 'HERE! :angry:' if you're not confident in scraping them yourself.
After that it's just negotiation :lol:

gp32rich posted on Jul 22 2006 at 02:18 AM said:
I can't believe the dentist is so insensitive to you - are you a known *ahem* whiner? :p

If you can't wait till your next visit - why don't you take some fine sandpaper and file them down yourself?
That's what my old fella did and his dentist didn't mind. In fact prolly saved her a job ;)
She would just have ground them down with her drill anyway.

Or draw a line on them and say 'HERE! :angry:' if you're not confident in scraping them yourself.
After that it's just negotiation :lol:

Not really a whiner, more of an angry complainer. For example, when I pay for service and it's not something that's to my liking and I can't let it slide, I let them know it.

He's a professional and insured. If I cut my teeth and screw up, I have to pay for new ones. If HE cuts it and screws up, he has to replace it FOC. Mostly I did what he told me cause I believe in following doctor's instructions until they screw up. I have a lot more respect in doctors and dentists than I would in people with rotten advice.

So now my teeth are cut a bit more and they're a bit easier to wear. Just have to get used to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back