Devenv Rebuild Headache

Wite_Noiz

Website
Visit site
Howdy folks.

My computer recently passed away and required completely rebuilding (mobo bios upgrades are fun!).
Anyway, obviously this meant rebuilding my development environment.

I use devkitGP2X in Eclipse (3.2) with CDT (3.1).

Before the rebuild, my linker was working poifectly with this:
Code:
arm-linux-g++ -static  ./Main.o `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config --libs`  -o"DevTest.gpe"
But, since the rebuild, I get this response:
Code:
arm-linux-g++: `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config: Invalid argument
The arm-linux-sdl-config file exists in the correct place.

This should be easy, but I've been staring at it for days and can't think what else to try. I'm using a newer version of Eclipse and CDT than before, but the results are just command-line dumps (i.e. I get the same manually).
I'm sure one of you bright young fellas (or lasses) will be able to call me stupid and tell me straightaway, and that would be muched appreciated (though, don't mock too much).

Cheers

Daid posted on Aug 14 2006 at 11:53 PM said:
Got cygwin installed? compleetly with paths? Because the `command` to execute is not working by default in windows (I think)
Actually, that's what pleased me most about devkit when I first used it: no need to install cygwin.
So, no, but I didn't have it before, either.

I'll have to try rebuilding the whole environment again, and seeing if that helps... damn

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The alternative is to run the command in backticks yourself, and paste its output into the command line, as that's what the backticks mean. I guess Eclipse doesn't understand them itself, so they'd only work if Eclipse was running a shell that did understand them, which may be the case if you install cygwin - or maybe not.

I think Daid's right

`C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config --libs` isn't being executed, it's just being passed to arm-linux-g++ as parameters `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config and -libs`

Back quote execution is *nix shell operation, it won't work from the Windows command prompt. You have to run the command in something like cygwin or minsys

Edit:

Here it says install minsys

Back