Devil 64 Newest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
klikklak said:
Well it's clear he likes *Camping* but is ready to start *Dancing* because the english forum asked questions about the androsynth.

CrazyRetro is so *frumple* Some *campers* are not so good for *games*

Last edited by a moderator:
RobertG said:
My favourite bit is how one of the project "milestones" was to install Ubuntu.
And his next goal is to figure out the difference between ARM and x86.

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9764&start=30

Ari64 said:

http://forum.gp2x.de...t=9764&start=30

Haha, unless Google Translate is really screwing this up bad he's asking why Wiz is using ARM a niche processor. Yeah, what is it at, like 10 billion shipped? That's one niche processor line!

And C++ is "deader than dead" and Python is out too, Java is all anyone uses now.

Here's some more fun:

"That is, the nucleus is Assambler
Plug-ins for control, there was 1x in Blitz Basic, and once in Python (my present is to follow the even Python)

The Gui is in Python.
Romflash in C + + (which is a separate program, it calls only)

Sorry, I only got back Wednesday right time, I plug in a great mom in labor. Then I can write a little more."

That's quite a smorgasbord of languages there. I wonder why there's a "ROM flash" utility being called. Maybe that's the part that accidentally bricks your Wiz.

Exophase said:
Haha, unless Google Translate is really screwing this up bad he's asking why Wiz is using ARM a niche processor. Yeah, what is it at, like 10 billion shipped? That's one niche processor line!

And C++ is "deader than dead" and Python is out too, Java is all anyone uses now.
This nonsense seems to have finally convinced people there that he's full of shit.

Hey CrazyRetro, don't forget that your HDD is due to crash in the next few days and you will lose all your work.

So backup when you read this, then you can release this astonishing achievement without any excuses!

craigix said:
Hey CrazyRetro, don't forget that your HDD is due to crash in the next few days and you will lose all your work.

So backup when you read this, then you can release this astonishing achievement without any excuses!

I couldn't help but LOL at that one :p

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
Looks like it'll take until August/October to be released, and it does Ocarina of Time at 27 - 33 FPS. He's also run it on the Wiz, and expects that EvilDragon will do so similarly. It won't however run on an F100, F200, Gp32 or Dingoo.

What is this thing about "and expects that EvilDragon will do so similarly"?
It means EvilDragon is also working in it, or he has any information on that matter, or he just is saying that he will ask his help for something latter on... ?

(I'm pretty sure he is talking about THE EvilDragon and not something else with that name, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, is there any dev out there that haven't appeared in this post to share his opinions? Come on guys, this must be the most watched recent tread of the entire forum, be polite and say something to make this hoax more plausible or not =P

Ari64 said:
RobertG said:
My favourite bit is how one of the project "milestones" was to install Ubuntu.

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9764&start=30
I don't understand German, but I surely do understand facepalms. The reaction in that thread seems rather clear. :)

Thank you all for keeping me smiling today.
A greater thanks goes to CR that helped to keep this thread alive.
(I wouldn't rotfl that loud otherwise :p)

Damnit, I wish I could speak more German than just basic conversation.

craigix said:

no rofl .. i mean rolf needs to do a backup! would you mind taking a percent of your bounty and get him some online backup storage?

Line O said:
I don't understand German, but I surely do understand facepalms. The reaction in that thread seems rather clear. :)
motivatore6cbeb4cc14a995ca030ed5a4f86787316a0a5d5.jpg

Lord Scar said:
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
Looks like it'll take until August/October to be released, and it does Ocarina of Time at 27 - 33 FPS. He's also run it on the Wiz, and expects that EvilDragon will do so similarly. It won't however run on an F100, F200, Gp32 or Dingoo.

What is this thing about "and expects that EvilDragon will do so similarly"?
It means EvilDragon is also working in it, or he has any information on that matter, or he just is saying that he will ask his help for something latter on... ?

(I'm pretty sure he is talking about THE EvilDragon and not something else with that name, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, is there any dev out there that haven't appeared in this post to share his opinions? Come on guys, this must be the most watched recent tread of the entire forum, be polite and say something to make this hoax more plausible or not =P

He is actually talking about THE EvilDragon, but only when talking about PR as he expects him (he allegedly talked to him) to cover the whole story.

Anyway, we all know his English wasn't very strong, well so is his German, I sometimes have a hard time reading the stuff he writes and I am a native German speaker.

What he talked about in his latest post bascally was:
- He accused the community of the same behaviours (all talk, no help, blabla) he did here
- He threatened to release a VERY alpha version, which won't run well (didn't he talk about 27-33 fps in OOT somewhere some time ago...) and then he will close the project (huh?), because everyone is so impatient
- He states once more that the source-code won't be released
- He states we did not want to rush out with information like this, it rather happened accidentally (what??)
- He whines about his job
and a lot of stuff which did not make sense to me...

foxblock out

D.h. der Kern ist Assambler
Plugins für die Steuerung, gab es 1x in Blitz Basic, und einmal in Python (mein jetziges, ist dem zur folge auch Python)

"The core is written in Assembly. Plugins for the controls were 1 x in Blitz Basic and 1 x in Python (my current one is in Python)"

So he rewrote the complete core? Doesn't know the Difference between ARM and x86 and has rewritten the whole core in ARM-Assembly?

mcobit said:
D.h. der Kern ist Assambler
Plugins für die Steuerung, gab es 1x in Blitz Basic, und einmal in Python (mein jetziges, ist dem zur folge auch Python)

"The core is written in Assembly. Plugins for the controls were 1 x in Blitz Basic and 1 x in Python (my current one is in Python)"

So he rewrote the complete core? Doesn't know the Difference between ARM and x86 and has rewritten the whole core in ARM-Assembly?

no no - rolf did that. CR has written the control plugins :)

atomicthumbs said:
did he say that he wrote an N64 emulator plugin in BlitzBasic?

Kind of, he wrote that one existing plugin was written in BlitzBasic and one in Python (as is the once he currently develops).
The GUI apparently is also written in Python and some kind of "Romflash" in C++ (a separate program, which only gets called).
The core is written in Assembler (though his previous comments clearly state that he has no idea of processor architecture and that there are different kinds of assembler).

Well, on the bright side, one could argument, that he is not the actual developer anyway ("Rolf" is), so he might just be talking a bit too much about stuff he does not know jack about.

foxblock out

Edit: I vote for Rolf becoming the new Red Baron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back