Diagonal Tearing

Website
rememberthe8bit.blogspot.com
I looked around the Interwebs, and most people are happy that the horizontal tearing issue has been fixed, but I've not really heard much about the diagonal tearing issue being worked on, other than setting the display up as 240x320 and using rotation. I want to get this device to do homebrew on, and I wouldn't mind doing a few hacks to get the screen to update right, but it would be nice if the tearing had been removed. (from what I read, the issue was introduced with a new LCD later in production)

rememberthe8bit said:
I looked around the Interwebs, and most people are happy that the horizontal tearing issue has been fixed, but I've not really heard much about the diagonal tearing issue being worked on, other than setting the display up as 240x320 and using rotation. I want to get this device to do homebrew on, and I wouldn't mind doing a few hacks to get the screen to update right, but it would be nice if the tearing had been removed. (from what I read, the issue was introduced with a new LCD later in production)
I think there may be some confusion.

The diagonal tearing is on the Wiz which is caused by the screen scanning 240 x 320. This is fixed on the Wiz either by programming directly for a 240 x 320 screen or using a routine to rotate. Notaz has a routine that is used in the Genesis emu and works well.

The horizontal tearing is on the dingoo and is caused by a hardware oversight. Apparently they didn't connect one of the pins on the LCD driver or something so the CPU can't sync with the screen refresh right. I don't have a dingoo I have a Wiz so I haven't actually seen the dingoo tearing but that is what I heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NEW models of the Dingoo have the diagonal tearing, as they also use a 240x320 display...

Back