Screen Tearing

Jan-Nik said:
Thanks for all the answers! Now I'm even more excited to finally get a Wiz.

:)

Where's everyone ordering from? I was going to pre-order with GBAX a while back, but the fact that it still says 'shipping in feb09', and 'Dual Digital Dpad' puts me off a bit <_< .
I'll probably go with play-asia, who have updated specs, pictures and shipping times.

Last edited by a moderator:
'pandora' said:
'Jan-Nik' said:

Where's everyone ordering from? I was going to pre-order with GBAX a while back, but the fact that it still says 'shipping in feb09', and 'Dual Digital Dpad' puts me off a bit <_< .
I'll probably go with play-asia, who have updated specs, pictures and shipping times.
I'm ordering from GP2XStore.com. The store has good reviews plus I live in America.

There it says it will be released April 25th, but GP2X-INT said they would be shipping the first week of may. :unsure:

'chickendung' said:
'pandora' said:
'Jan-Nik' said:

I'm ordering from GP2XStore.com. The store has good reviews plus I live in America.

There it says it will be released April 25th, but GP2X-INT said they would be shipping the first week of may. :unsure:

ED told me that GPH would be shipping out the wiz between 25th and 30th of April. So he expected to have his shipment around the first week of May.

Regards

André

These boards seem awesome. Glad to of found some good quality information on the Wiz :)

So I got my unit today, and I noticed that the screen tearing is even an issue when the device first boots up. Is this normal behavior? I would've thought if it was a software issue then they would've fixed it so that it's not the first thing you see as it makes the transition between the loader screen and the main menu.

Thoughts?

satherial posted on May 15 2009 at 10:40 PM) These boards seem awesome. Glad to of found some good quality information on the Wiz : said:
So I got my unit today, and I noticed that the screen tearing is even an issue when the device first boots up. Is this normal behavior? I would've thought if it was a software issue then they would've fixed it so that it's not the first thing you see as it makes the transition between the loader screen and the main menu.

Thoughts?
Ah, so the tearing is visible there even.

Regards

André

fettouhi posted on May 15 2009 at 09:47 PM) [quote="satherial posted on May 15 2009 at 10:40 PM said:
These boards seem awesome. Glad to of found some good quality information on the Wiz :"]

Thoughts?
Ah, so the tearing is visible there even.

Regards

André[/quote]Yeah, it seems so. I took a look and my unit is running the 1.0 firmware, so there shouldn't be any issues there. Hopefully someone will have an idea as to what's up :)

The screen tearing still exists as far as I know. It occurs whenever a noticeable change from one colour to another of the whole screen occurs or whenever the screen scrolls.

Seriously, sh*t sucks hard. I'm not sure what the hell GPH were thinking about when they were developing the wiz. Come on, for a game console, such an issue can be a serious deal breaker for someone who don't to get involved in console tweaking. Anyway, I have high hope in the community which will take care of this issue :)

Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 06:36 AM said:
The screen tearing still exists as far as I know. It occurs whenever a noticeable change from one colour to another of the whole screen occurs or whenever the screen scrolls.
You easily see in the menu in these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4v0sQT_wao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAMySDi3k9I

Regards

André

Back