Did You Know?

C

codeninja

With the latest firmware, it reads SD card even if you plug it in AFTER you turn GP2x on? I was presently surprised, since it wasn't like that when I tried it in November. I guess, GP2x is teaching me to appreciate small things. :)

didnt it always do that?

the rule of thumb was not to put your SD card in before you turned it on, incase it was corrupted or something and accidentily "updated" your 2x, thus bricking it.

With the latest firmware, it reads SD card even if you plug it in AFTER you turn GP2x on?  I was presently surprised, since it wasn't like that when I tried it in November.  I guess, GP2x is teaching me to appreciate small things. :)
no.. it still did that when i had my 1.0.0 fw on it so it always did :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1.1 firmware did that too, though it sometimes messes up and thinks a card is in that has been taken out... like it didn't detect the card change or something...

I haven't had it happen since I changed the volume labels of the cards (they both had the name from being formatted in my digital camera)

Firmwares prior to 1.1.0 wouldn't allow hot *swapping* - i.e. where you changed cards after the first one had gone in. But all versions that have actually worked with SD cards at all (i.e. not the dev board ones) have allowed you to plug in your card after bootup. Indeed, the one the very first units shippped with required it, iirc. Or at least, was said to require it (although I remember being able to get it to boot with the card in most of the time).

With firmware 1.2.0, I sometimes have the SD card not mount properly right after bootup, so I take the card out and put it back. Then, it will read the card properly. The card is an A-data 1GB.

Back