Difficulty executing PND's

alephhat

Still Fresh
I have been having intermittent difficulty getting PND's to execute. I have them in the proper folders so that isn't the issue. Here is the current instance that is giving me difficulty:

I just put truecrypt on my NAND at usr/pandora/apps/ It doesn't show up in the menu's and I can't get it to execute by "right clicking" on it and telling it to execute. I don't know why this and other PND's wont run when I attempt to get them to.

There is already a topic going on this issue: Link.

EDIT: But you already knew that, because you posted in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is already a topic going on this issue: Link.

EDIT: But you already knew that, because you posted in it.

Well the question there was about getting the PND onto the NAND... I felt that by switching the question to how to execute it I might have been changing the topic a bit and decided to put it up as a second post. That being said, do you have something to contribute to the topic?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PND_utils

pnd_utils will configure the mime and associations required to run the pnd directly by double clicking them in the filemanager (tho the install seem a bit buggy right now, if your pnd dont have a pandora icon, reinstall it).

if you want to do it manually, you can use the pnd_run binary. youll need to create a mime type for *.pnd then associate that type with it.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PND_utils

pnd_utils will configure the mime and associations required to run the pnd directly by double clicking them in the filemanager (tho the install seem a bit buggy right now, if your pnd dont have a pandora icon, reinstall it).

if you want to do it manually, you can use the pnd_run binary. youll need to create a mime type for *.pnd then associate that type with it.

I'm not familiar with the pnd_run.... Where do I get details on this? I may have to try messing around with the utils also- I looked at the description. Does that make the PND's run more as an executable (I had assumed they were already supposed to). And of course, that being said, why don't the PND's want to just execute when you give them an execute command?

pnd arent binaries, they are a self contained filesystem so to speak. with some extra files appended to it. they cant just be ran, they need to be mounted, merged with their appdata, then ran.

Thats what pnd_run do. now how to do it yourself, is a bit complicated, since pnd dont have a mime type by default, you cant associate them to anything before creating that mime. pnd_utils do that for ya.

Back