Digital Rights Management

Cyclops

I've seen this discussed in various places. Its something that screamed BAD NEWS at me when I first read it on the GPX2 website. I know it was on the GP32. I only really find it discussed elsewhere http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14098
on its own. I cannot belive they put it on the website as a selling feature. The only reason I see is

Most likely, considering that it support WMA and WMV, DRM is just so you download songs from services like Napster and play them back on your device.

What do Gamepark Holdings intend to use DRM for?

Little Concerned, London.

Don't worry.

From what I've seen, the DRM on GPX2 refers to copy protection for commercial games, that's all. It will likely be similar to how DRM worked on GP32 & Zodiac for commercial games. Games will probably be downloaded and signed to work on your unit only. Or possibly purchased boxed and signed to work from only the SD card the game resides on.

It won't effect homebrew or media playback. GPH knows their audience.

Aside from commercial content like games and Downloads from online music stores like iTunes I doubt it an issue we'd have to be concerned with at all. I mean for heaven's sake they're even making their own emmulators, if they were worried about piracy so much that wouldnt be happening.

Yeah, I like his explanation of his 'wonky' wording too:

Thank you so much for your kind words, :))
I am actually having hard time to reply all questions cus english is not my mother tongue ^___^ hehe.
However i think it's very fruitful cus so many ppl have interest in our product.it makes us cheer up

I can just imagine the poor guy sitting at a computer with a Korean-English Dictionary, desperatly clinging to his sanity as he tries to cope with our demands and reply in a polite and informative way.

I may laugh at his broken english but I'll salute him the entire time for trying.

And thusly I am corrected:

Alpha2 posted on Aug 23 2005 at 03:52 AM said:
I can just imagine the poor girl sitting at a computer with a Korean-English Dictionary, desperatly clinging to her sanity as she tries to cope with our demands and reply in a polite and informative way.

I may laugh at her broken english but I'll salute her the entire time for trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her english really isnt that bad tho. I went to spain thinking i could speak spanish pretty well, but after the first few hours i realized that i was a spanish n00b. And if they spoke real fast then i was screwed.

Back