Disappointed Again

I assumed five would be shaved off the top. 1 for CE, 1 for FCC, and 1 for each ED, Craig and Mweston. And because my order number is like #3, I will be getting the 3rd, 4th and 5th Pandora's respectively.

Don't worry. I will make sure to test Wifi/bluetooth multiplayer.

so, still no new news or photos from the factory about the produced case?

have they started injecting some samples?, or still tweaking the mould?

A few select people: "Is it done yet?"
Craig: "We were hoping to have samples mid month but there were delays" (MW: It took a week to order all the big blocks of metal to be cut up. We were not expecting that and it wasn't in our time line)
Craig: "They are trying to have something for us by the end of this month."
Craig: "This Chinese holiday might get in the way but they are still trying to finish early."
Craig: "We don't know if this holiday will get in the way but they are trying and we are at their mercy. We hope to salvage the delay by reviewing samples while they are gone if possible."
Craig: "Oh for fuck sakes!" (MW: That would be my guess ;) )

WizardStan said:
So... is it done yet?
exploding-head.gif

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:
Someone should find the company's e-mail and spam them.
Maybe that would be more productive than spamming Craig and Michael.

funny-pictures-mice-ask-if-they-are-there-yet.jpg

there should be an alert client so everyone installs it then it gongs and drums goes off just the moment the cases are ready.
just instead of running in the forums and searching the meat.

The pandora Alert!.

then also an alarm that goes off when two ***(tm) strikes again.

MWeston said:
Craig: "We were hoping to have samples mid month but there were delays" (MW: It took a week to order all the big blocks of metal to be cut up. We were not expecting that and it wasn't in our time line)
Craig: "They are trying to have something for us by the end of this month."
Craig: "This Chinese holiday might get in the way but they are still trying to finish early."
Craig: "We don't know if this holiday will get in the way but they are trying and we are at their mercy. We hope to salvage the delay by reviewing samples while they are gone if possible."
Craig: "Oh for fuck sakes!" (MW: That would be my guess ;) )

I find it amazing how much contempt the OP team appear to have for the very people who helped fund this entire venture. It's as if they seem to believe it's reasonable to hold onto people's money for 10 months when they originally promised to deliver within 2, and that it's unreasonable for people to question the progress of the device.

I also find the above paraphrasing a little off. Try this..:

A few select people(November): "Is it done yet?"
Craig:No, but could be March.
A few select people(March): "Is it done yet?"
Craig:No, but I'd be willing to say June.
Other members of the DEV team:There's not much that can go wrong now.
A few select people(June): "Is it done yet?"
Craig:No, but almost definitely September.
Other members of the DEV team:There's not much that can go wrong now.
A few select people(September): "Is it done yet?"
Craig:No, but definitely October.

Well we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it amazing how much contempt the OP team appear to have for the very people who helped fund this entire venture. It's as if they seem to believe it's reasonable to hold onto people's money for 10 months when they originally promised to deliver within 2, and that it's unreasonable for people to question the progress of the device.

I find it amazing that so many people knew that this was a grass roots project effort, knew that the devs involved are not being paid anything to work on this right now- and should know and understand that these guys have been putting their blood, sweat and tears into this thing only to run into many many challenges along the way.... and these people still consistently and unendingly respond to the situation like they have pre-ordered a device from Best Buy or something where the date and parameters would have been so sure.

REALLY people. This *is* the final stretch. Please don't spoil the mood when things are about to get good.

@Pleng

Don't read so much into it. While I do see your point of view, I also see Mweston's PoV. OP wants the Pandora out as much as us.

Unfortunately, there is still a couple of more months left before the first batch is shipped out. I believe what Mweston was trying to get across was that they are trying to get the Pandora in our hands as fast as possible, but still get there with a quality product.

I hope for November now, but I am expecting Jan/Feb 2010.

The good thing about all of this, is that we are getting updates about the status. I imagine if we had gotten less updates would the anticipation lead to pure spam months back just weeks after the pre-orders occurred. I don't usually poke my head in much into the ordeal of it not being released yet, but it seems some folks have their patients wearing down. I haven't felt the OP Team has really done anything wrong especially since this is a unusual device as far as who is involved, the community involved, and efforts that have gone into designing the hardware. I really gotta give credit to the folks who give feedback on the OP on the forum and not ripping their hair out from all the harassment.

Removed - I choose to wait, patiently without complaining. As pointed out so aptly by certain people everyone has a right to an opinion

Back