Disasterous Firmware Problem

Instantjewmix

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I just installed the 2.1.1 update on my gp2x and i am having some problems, to say the least. The device boots up but after the loading screen, it goes black and nothing happens. The loading screen still says version 2.0.0. What do i do, and can i do anything? For the love of god help me.

I just installed the 2.1.1 update on my gp2x and i am having some problems, to say the least. The device boots up but after the loading screen, it goes black and nothing happens. The loading screen still says version 2.0.0. What do i do, and can i do anything? For the love of god help me.

Put your SD-Card with the firmware files in root into the gp2x, press and hold START + SELECT while switching on and wait for the firmware flash process to finish.

Last edited:

Put your SD-Card with the firmware files in root into the gp2x, press and hold START + SELECT while switching on and wait for the firmware flash process to finish.

I'm not dumb, but right now, i'm a little jittery. I'm not rich and one of my bigger investments just crashed on me. Could you explain the process a little more in depth for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. copy firmware files to the sd card, nut not in a subfolder
2. insert sd card into gp2x
3. start the gp2x while holding start&select pressed until it shows "firmware updateing"
4. wait till it finished
5. have fun

Thank you GamePark gurus! I love you all!!!!!!!!! (so much) It be fixed!!!!!
W007!!!11one!!!!!

I bet you didnt even try to find help with the SEARCH option, and just made a post crying about your "infortune"

The search function on this forum is not very good. He needed help so he posted in the 'I need help' forum and someone helped him. I think it is stupid to complain about this as this thread will probably help someone else when they have similar problems.

Well anyway, I haven't upgraded my firmware yet as I lost my internet connection for a month, so this was very useful to me as I was not aware of this Start and Select thing.

Thank you GamePark gurus! I love you all!!!!!!!!! (so much) It be fixed!!!!!
W007!!!11one!!!!!

I bet you didnt even try to find help with the SEARCH option, and just made a post crying about your "infortune"

The search function on this forum is not very good. He needed help so he posted in the 'I need help' forum and someone helped him. I think it is stupid to complain about this as this thread will probably help someone else when they have similar problems.

Well anyway, I haven't upgraded my firmware yet as I lost my internet connection for a month, so this was very useful to me as I was not aware of this Start and Select thing.

yes, search blows ;)

If people ask stupid questions in a forum where stupid questions are OK and then get told off for asking them it's a bit ruthless, IMHO.

Newbies ask questions here and expect a gentle push in the right direction (links to other posts or helpful websites like the wiki) or kind words of advice (step-by-step guides or crib sheets) - not to be told they are a 'noob'. They know they are - that's why they asked for help.

Too be fair the forum description is a bit confusing:
I need help:
This is a forum for very new users and not only, there is no such thing as a stupid question in here. Have a problem ? Just ask for help.
REMEMBER! First read the FAQ and stickies in every forum, search the forums and then ask a question if needs be.

Might be better to rearrange the two statements so that newbies are directed to search first and ask after. Something like:
"I need help:
This is a forum for very new users and the not so new. Read the FAQ and stickies in every forum? Searched the forums, wiki and archive? Still clueless or confused? Then ask a question here."

Just a thought - let the abuse begin!

Back