Distribution Of Software

papersreen

Still Fresh
I'm not sure if this was asked before but it seems like a lot of software will be distributed via PND-files since a lot of software won't be included in the firmware.
At the moment i have my LINUX-distribution and i trust it. Honestly i won't trust some non official dev who just puts some PND files on the internet.
Will there be some website where the official devs could upload PND-files and you could see that it's not from someone else?
I think that would be nice.

Who are the official devs?
If you find something that sounds interesting but you don't trust it you could check here and/or at OpenHandhelds.org to see if anyone knows what it is and who's responsible. Failing that, just boot from SD1 and run the untrusted .PND from SD2 and don't use your credit card at the same time.

The appstore (name pending) will be the official place to get your stuff.

http://pandorapress....-screenshotted/

Anyone can upload, but it will be monitored AFAIK. If there's something dodgy there, it will be stamped out pretty quickly. If you're concerned, don't download anything the day it goes up - wait for a review or two. :) Before long you'll know who is who.

Developers don't have to use that portal of course, they don't even have to use the PND format. But this is the GP32X community, not the wild west. As PhillipJ says, these forums will quickly expose any dodgy uploads.

Back