Software Feedback

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Hello all,

Im slowly adding software to the archives, some of which may be run but could have rough edges. This thread is meant for anyone with a pandora that has run the apps and has something that should be fixed or doesnt work right. Some examples of things might be control improvements, pnd improvements, or bugs in general. Maybe pnd readme isnt working or doesnt have the information it should.
Please give feedback :)

Some things im aware of:

1. UAE4ALL needs to have control modes enhanced to switch between joystick and keyboard events
2. Quake3 nanogl has a nub issue in some cases (can someone confirm?)
3. All of the nub based shooters may be overwriting the nub configuration and forcing absolute
4. prboom config mappings is messed up where the game might lock into always shooting or strafing (think i fixed last night)
5. i think the dosbox readme is broke, dosbox also needs to be redone so profiles are writable to the sd
6. Quake2 could use a mechanism to load exp packs, would the zenity selector method work?

Hi Pickle

I've tried prboom without much luck I'm afraid.

I’ve got doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad and plutonia.wad from ultimate doom. I also think I’ve managed to find the freeware doom1.wad.

I’ve tried various combinations but prboom just shuts down when I select a wad.

I’ve checked mnt/utmp for logs and can’t find any.

Anybody else with same problems, anything I can do to diagnose a problem?

Regards

mQQm said:
Hi Pickle

I've tried prboom without much luck I'm afraid.

I've got doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad and plutonia.wad from ultimate doom. I also think I've managed to find the freeware doom1.wad.

I've tried various combinations but prboom just shuts down when I select a wad.

I've checked mnt/utmp for logs and can't find any.

Anybody else with same problems, anything I can do to diagnose a problem?

Regards

your not using the 2wad right? look in /tmp for the log file

Last edited by a moderator:
A setup readme file for UAE4ALL would've been nice. Where to put rom's etc. I did find the info on these forums. It runs well, I'm impressed. Loving superfrog again :)

Exaile and fuse pnd's never load for me. Other people seem to have them running maybe I'm doing something wrong? I am running everything from a USB stick, still waiting for my SD card to arrive.

CPS said:
A setup readme file for UAE4ALL would've been nice. Where to put rom's etc. I did find the info on these forums. It runs well, I'm impressed. Loving superfrog again :)

Exaile and fuse pnd's never load for me. Other people seem to have them running maybe I'm doing something wrong? I am running everything from a USB stick, still waiting for my SD card to arrive.

I didnt do the uae4all pnd, but once i fix the other issues I try and include/adapt a readme from the gp2x/wiz versions.

You may need to install the codec pack for exaile to work.

Hi found it. Hope that helps.

Edit sorry there's more log.

Code:
in fork!
mountpoint: /media/mmcblk0p1
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 120: [: !: integer expression expected
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
losetup: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
       about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)
usedminor
freeminor 1
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop1 /mnt/pnd/prboom
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
PWD at top /mnt/utmp/prboom
cat: last-wad-path.txt: No such file or directory
No stored dirpath, using /media
/media /mnt/utmp/prboom
WAD filename is /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/doom.wad
/mnt/utmp/prboom
./run.sh: line 23: last-wad-path.txt: Permission denied
WAD pre-run /mnt/utmp/prboom
cat: args.txt: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `./prboom.cfg': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file `./prboom.wad': Permission denied

prboom v2.5.0 (http://prboom.sourceforge.net/)
I_SetAffinityMask: manual affinity mask is 1
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
 default file: prboom.cfg
 default file: prboom.cfg
 found /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/doom.wad
IWAD found: /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/doom.wad
IWAD found: /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/doom.wad
PrBoom (built Dec 30 2009), playing: The Ultimate DOOM
PrBoom is released under the GNU General Public license v2.0.
You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
It comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. See the file COPYING for details.
PrBoom (built Dec 30 2009), playing: The Ultimate DOOM
PrBoom is released under the GNU General Public license v2.0.
You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
It comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. See the file COPYING for details.
V_Init: allocate screens.
Failed to autoload prboom.wad
D_InitNetGame: Checking for network game.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/doom.wad
W_InitCache

W_GetNumForName: CRBRICK not found
W_GetNumForName: CRBRICK not found
app exited
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/prboom': Device or resource busy
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/utmp/prboom': Is a directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/.wh..wh.plnk': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/.wh..wh..tmp': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/prboom/': Directory not empty
cleanup done

mQQm said:
Hi found it. Hope that helps.

Edit sorry there's more log.

Code:
 cp: cannot create regular file `./prboom.cfg': Permission denied
 cp: cannot create regular file `./prboom.wad': Permission denied

Here is the problem, the script is trying to copy 2 files from the pnd to the appdata/prboom folder but appears it doesnt get permission to, which then following prboom dies cause it cant load
prboom.wad.
Im a bit stumped why this happened.

Pickle is it copying to appdata, or writing in place and the files already exist in the pnd?

Perhaps do "mkdir tuntime; cd runtime" before running the app, so it can create its files? (recall, that bug in pnd_run.sh and aufs mount or permissions right now)

jeff

skeezix said:
Pickle is it copying to appdata, or writing in place and the files already exist in the pnd?

Perhaps do "mkdir tuntime; cd runtime" before running the app, so it can create its files? (recall, that bug in pnd_run.sh and aufs mount or permissions right now)

jeff

im copying contents from a directory in the pnd (default) to . (i.e the appdata directory)
I posted the copy line on irc last night.

Oh, that; hrmm.. uh :) I give :)

It runs for you right?

Is the destination somehow write protected?! (SD set by accident?)

Is the path right? The error looks odd .. can't create destination "./foo" .. shoudln't be to ./foo/file.cfg?

Or are you doing.. mkdir foo, cd foo, cp ../* ./ ... hmm.

cp -r --no-clobber default/* .

Ah, thats what I'm saying .. theres some bug right now in pnd-run, for the 'root of the iso'; so can you do:

mkdir runtime
cd runtime
cp ../default/* .
../prboom

or somethign like that.

jeff

skeezix said:
It runs for you right?
Is the destination somehow write protected?! (SD set by accident?)

Well it worked for me...I could believe something like the sd card tab is set to be write protected.

I get a write error when trying to save a game in Quake2. I doubt it's related though.

Code:
Saving game...
Failed to open /mnt/utmp/quake2/.quake2/baseq2/save/current/base1.sv2
Couldn't write /mnt/utmp/quake2/.quake2/baseq2/save/current/server.sALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
app exited
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/quake2': Device or resource busy
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/utmp/quake2': Is a directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/quake2/.wh..wh.plnk': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/quake2/.wh..wh..tmp': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/quake2/': Directory not empty
cleanup done

Also I can't configure the right nub, which I guess is do with .3 on your list.

Bubs should be configurable using the scripts ED supplied in the system (ie: set up right nub as mouse or whatever.)

jeff

notaz said:
skeezix said:
yeah, sounds like SD is flipped to readonly :)
Not that, write protect is ignored in current kernel.
You can do that? O.O
I thought the readonly switch actually prevented the card from writing, so even if you did try writing to it it would fail.

WizardStan said:
notaz said:
skeezix said:
yeah, sounds like SD is flipped to readonly :)
Not that, write protect is ignored in current kernel.
You can do that? O.O
I thought the readonly switch actually prevented the card from writing, so even if you did try writing to it it would fail.
No, it's entirely implemented in software, and always has been. There are quite a few cheap devices that ignore it, I think.

skeezix said:
Bubs should be configurable using the scripts ED supplied in the system (ie: set up right nub as mouse or whatever.)

jeff

Sorry I was referring to: "3. All of the nub based shooters may be overwriting the nub configuration and forcing absolute"

Was just letting him know I couldn't configure the right nub in the Quake2 menu. Left was OK though.

Sarlix said:
skeezix said:

jeff

Sorry I was referring to: "3. All of the nub based shooters may be overwriting the nub configuration and forcing absolute"

Was just letting him know I couldn't configure the right nub in the Quake2 menu.

Configure it do what? The left emulates direction keys the right emulates a mouse, the only thing you can change is the mouse(nub) speed.

What i meant was that I think quake is not restoring the settings for the nubs used on the desktop i.e mouse and buttons mode.

Back