Feedback for repo.openpandora.org

I think for the sake if no unified opinion on how it should be done, it should remain as is.

+Until people actually start to rate apps more then it wont really make too much difference.

Minor thing: There is a spelling error on the "Account details" page, "API Key Generator":

"This key will give packagemanager programs access to allow your to rate apps or leave comments from within the app itself:"

(your -> you)

/>

I think for the sake if no unified opinion on how it should be done, it should remain as is.

+Until people actually start to rate apps more then it wont really make too much difference.
I agree. I'd like a recent comments view and a number of ratings sorting (or something like that) making it easier to help commenters and rate unrated pnds.

^Yes, because it is much more (socially) encouraging to comment, if the repo would get a multi-way-communication (user<->maintainer, user<->user)! Currently for an ordinary user: Write into the system and leave it. Maybe check back later, but hmm,  which apps did I comment on recently…? You see, this way it's a lot of manual effort, and thus not often used!

It should be similar to the functionality here on the forums — with the given system differences and limitations of course*.

As soon as I add a comment to an app, I'd like to have the option to get notifications if other users comment on that app as well (likely reacting to my post). And beyond that per-post-decision a preference to generally automatically have the subscription checkbox ticked, if one post to a topic. Still with the possibility to untick in each individual case!

* If the repo comment section would differ between posting to an app's main thread or responding to a specific post, there could be the preference, to notify me on all posts or only on replies to my posts. But as repo discussion is (yet) of low frequency (compared to the forums), this differentiation is not necessary at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I think a better solution would be to allow the maintainer to nominate a thread on the boards for each application, and direct comments from the repo to that thread, then use that for discussion.  Why duplicate functionality we already have?

- Neelix

^ Good point. And: This was my de facto workaround anyways. Meanwhile thread creation is automated anyways!

I am too for this allocation of tasks between FAQ".

Repo: The comment submission form should be extended with a "guidelines" link, like this:

Add comment (guidelines)                300 characters remaining
                                          SUBMIT

Repo:

• C: Apps which did not get their automatic thread creation. This is manual labor. If I'd get repo write permissions, I'd here and then go through them and link to their most important forum discussion thread. To determine this, I'd search through the boards, and in case there are multiple entries on the topic, try to find out which one has "official" character (created by one of its maintainers or developers), or if this is ambiguous, then identify the most recent/popular one, and if I still have doubts, I 'd write to involved people, and ask them which thread they'd like to be stated as their feedback thread.

While board integration would be nice, I'd still like to have a list of recent comments on the repo front page (or a separate page if that is to obvious). Also a way to see recent rating activity (perhaps a list of applications having been rated the last week with a direction indicator up/down/same for the change in this period) would be helpful to me both as a maintainer and as a user.

^ Yes, a useful view, to track newest comments.

A good aid for spotting the newest reviews or trending apps,

or the opposite — uncommented apps getting attention from scanning early adopters / reviewers, probably creating new trends.

Back