Feedback for repo.openpandora.org

So it's working?
At least not for me.

I deleted the appdata folders of PNDManager and libpndman on both cards. I tried upgrading Widelands, but the result is the same as before, it just stopps at ~75MB and sits there for at least an hour (there is no jumping back and forth as PowerGod described). PndManager is not hanging as I can still use it to download and install other pnds without a problem (at least if they do not exceed a certain filesize). I never had this problem in the past, I even downloaded/updated the Codeblocks and the Libreoffice pnds through PndManager without a problem in the past.

If a try to download the file from a pc using the same connection I have no problem, but on the PC I can use the Internet connection to its full extent (~ 2 Mbyte/s) while on the Pandora I usually get (jumping between) 20 - 170 KByte/s with PndManager.

Edit: Just successfully downloaded Widelands via Firefox on the Pandora - Firefoxs downloadmanager showed a steady 560 kByte/s. So I'm still wondering if there is some timeout that comes into play if the connection speed is slow enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at the latest addition of commercial games on the repo, and it took me quite a while to find the price. Maybe it's just me, but would it be possible to ... show it a bit bigger and entirely in bold font? Like the "Rate this" text?

It's probably due to the large gap between the "buy" buttons and the price, so maybe having the price displayed right above the button would also help. Basically that's where one would look for the price first I guess.

A new (?) problem: rating through PNDManager doesn't work for me, though I can comments just fine (see PCSX ReARMed). To test my impression that it was broken, I created a new api key. Maybe it actually did work before and the new api key is the reason (though I can still post comments using the new key and am pretty sure it already didn't work before)?

Anyway, now I can neither see my current rating (e.g. 5 on PCSX Rearmed) nor update/create a rating. The problem cannot be that old, since there is a rating on openSCAD (and if I don't have dementia, it was sent using PNDManager, since I usually only rate the commercial stuff onsite).

Thanks! There is an error in the pndrun log that may be connected with this issue (i.e. it only happens whenever I enter an application's detail page).

@FILE json.c @LINE��373 >> _pndman_json_get_int_value

JSON fail: "'[' or '{' expected near end of file"

Won't process sync for: client api

Thank you very much! PNDManager shows the rating again and both a new rating and an udate did make it through.

Excellent! I didn't see any response to my question earlier, so at the risk of being obnoxious, I'll ask again: Is there a chance to get a "I don't use this" button in the "My Account" view (on the web repo, is what I mean)? Some way to remove stuff from the list of My Downloads? I have a load of stuff that I've downloaded, tried and decided was not for me, but I still get a ping whenever they're updated, meaning that my list of "Update available!" is a lot longer than it ought to be...

Or does this already exist in some way, and I'm too senile to have found it?

Sorry, wrong expression: Whenever I go to My Account, I get a list of the apps which I have downloaded, headed by the apps that have a pending update. Ideally, I'd just go through the updates and download them in turn. However, as it is now, I get a list that is far longer than I actually want to use - a bunch of the "Update available!" are things that I'm not interested in. Similarly when I want to go through the list to find stuff I haven't rated and so on - There are a bunch of stuff that I no longer use or want to rate cluttering up the list.

I'd like a simple little "remove this from list" button, so that whenever I check the "My Downloads" tab, I get the things I'm actually using. :D

In my Pandora design guideline document PND management workflow I described a mechanism similar to @Moxie's request:

What could be slightly improved: If "discover" and "install"/"test"/"remove" are integrated into one application, your system could systematically keep track of already tested and deliberately removed applications as "uninteresting", and hide them in your further "discover" process! Sparing you a lot of time/attention seeing items again and again, which you already once found as uninteresting!

I really recommend all developers of packet managers, launchers, etc to read that guideline document.

Put a lot of effort into it, it may be worth looking into it.

Sorry, wrong expression: Whenever I go to My Account, I get a list of the apps which I have downloaded, headed by the apps that have a pending update. Ideally, I'd just go through the updates and download them in turn. However, as it is now, I get a list that is far longer than I actually want to use - a bunch of the "Update available!" are things that I'm not interested in. Similarly when I want to go through the list to find stuff I haven't rated and so on - There are a bunch of stuff that I no longer use or want to rate cluttering up the list.

I'd like a simple little "remove this from list" button, so that whenever I check the "My Downloads" tab, I get the things I'm actually using. :D
Ah ok, doesnt sound too difficult to hack in :) , if I get anytime this week ill spend an hour or 2 adding a remove from list button.

Hey milkshake, can you look into consistent display in prices? Most seem to use comma seperation (ie, $2,99, whatever it's actually called) but then others use decimal (ie, $1.99)

Depending on the currency I think it makes sense to use the comma or decimal consistently, but the listings in USD include both and it just ticks a little at the back of my brain when I read them. :p

edit: second, when trying to pay why does it redirect me to the german paypal? Can this be configured somewhere that I don't see?

Last edited by a moderator:
The price will appear as the author typed it, the repo doesn't touch the price other than to pass it to Paypal, and the site you land on is usually in the language the PayPal account holder has set for their Paypal account again nothing that I can do to change that as far as I'm aware.

Nice. Tried to download jediknight today an it always stopped around 25MB.

Will try again this evening.

I have a comment on the Jedi Knight II: Demo PND (63Mo) stating that the download fail. So I guess it's not completly fixed   :(

I had no trouble getting the latest Widelands since the fix, and I had no trouble downloading the demo either (both from the Pandora using PNDManager)   so at the very least it's improved.

- Neelix

Back