Feedback for repo.openpandora.org

Is there any chance of adding commercial software that has already been purchased to the repo listing if the client is logged in with an API key?

- Neelix

well is just so happens that in the JSON masterlist already includes the ability to show commercial apps with the right request, infact it was built in mind of pndmanager.

You would have to speak to cloudef and or B-ZaR about this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh... I somehow missed your reply until now. I think the forum software must have incorrectly marked it as having been read.  (it does that from time to time)

Thanks for clarifying that.  :)

On the subject of commercial apps though,  when you return from Paypal after purchasing an app the message on the "payment succeeded" page seems to be missing the last word.  Then when it is supposed to send you back to the application page to allow you to download the software it seems to lose the app ID and shows this error instead:

Error!

That application does not exist!
(though it does correctly show the app as having been purchased if you manually load the app page again)

EDIT: perhaps I spoke too soon.   On previous occasions I have been able to download the software by manually navigating back to the app page.   This time it doesn't seem to be working - no download button,  just another buy button. :(

- Neelix

Something quite other: Would it be possible to have a button somewhere to remove titles from the "My account" page (or rather, the list of my downloads, I suppose). There are several programs that I've downloaded, tried, and determined that they were not for me. However, I still get a long list of pending updates for them. A "Not interested anymore" button, perhaps?

I might have said this before. If it sounds as if I'm nagging, put it down to my general senility :D

Huh... I somehow missed your reply until now. I think the forum software must have incorrectly marked it as having been read.  (it does that from time to time)

On the subject of commercial apps though,  when you return from Paypal after purchasing an app the message on the "payment succeeded" page seems to be missing the last word.  Then when it is supposed to send you back to the application page to allow you to download the software it seems to lose the app ID and shows this error instead:

Error!

(though it does correctly show the app as having been purchased if you manually load the app page again)

EDIT: perhaps I spoke too soon.   On previous occasions I have been able to download the software by manually navigating back to the app page.   This time it doesn't seem to be working - no download button,  just another buy button. :(

- Neelix
If it's one of the new games from gcw it's likely that justins Paypal account isn't set up correctly to send payment notifications to the repo I have messaged ed to chase this up. Until then sit tight when the purchases can be confirmed the apps will be gifted to you so you can download them.

But they're all using the same PayPal account and it's the one I used for the testing in our PM session...?

Did some testings myself, worked fine at the end, so you should be able to get the games now.

Error!

- Neelix
If it's one of the new games from gcw it's likely that justins Paypal account isn't set up correctly to send payment notifications to the repo I have messaged ed to chase this up. Until then sit tight when the purchases can be confirmed the apps will be gifted to you so you can download them.

*nods*  Since then I've successfully downloaded Duke Nukem, which is the one I was having trouble with.   Thanks to you and ED for getting that sorted out so quickly.  :)

That being said my original point still stands,  there's still a word missing on the Payment Successful page and it fails to redirect back to the application page.

- Neelix

Specifically it says:

Thank you for your order.

You will now be redirected to the Application Page for your .
If it's not a missing word it's dreadfully bad grammar. :p

Edit: Also for some reason for the last 3 purchases it directed me to the German language version of Paypal...

- Neelix

Are these the only big files you tried or did other big files work (big, meaning above 80-100 MB) ?

If so, did you try downloading it on the Pandora or on your PC, if it was on your PC, do you have a fast internet connection ?

I guess this is related to my case and a problem Asmo and Neelix reported, and maybe connected (as ptitseb suggested) to a timeout on server side.

Maybe Ed could give some info about if this could be a possible cause ?

Are these the only big files you tried or did other big files work (big, meaning above 80-100 MB) ?

If so, did you try downloading it on the Pandora or on your PC, if it was on your PC, do you have a fast internet connection ?

I guess this is related to my case and a problem Asmo and Neelix reported, and maybe connected (as ptitseb suggested) to a timeout on server side.

I tried it with various PCs (including Pandora) and Wesnoth and other big files were no problem there.

My connection is quite fast, 1500kbps most of the time if the server makes it possible.

I even have 600-700kbps with Pandoras WiFi Chip and a bit more with a dongle.

I tried it with various PCs (including Pandora) and Wesnoth and other big files were no problem there.

My connection is quite fast, 1500kbps most of the time if the server makes it possible.

I even have 600-700kbps with Pandoras WiFi Chip and a bit more with a dongle.
hmm, there goes my theory...I tried downloading frogatto on a PC a moment ago with a 2 MByte /s connection and while I can't test it right now, the pnd seems to be at least openable via 7-zip - maybe it was just some sort of a "hiccup" when you tried it ?

hmm, there goes my theory...I tried downloading frogatto on a PC a moment ago with a 2 MByte /s connection and while I can't test it right now, the pnd seems to be at least openable via 7-zip - maybe it was just some sort of a "hiccup" when you tried it ?
I had this problem with these files for a week now and have not said anything because I wanted to see, if the problem remains existent even after a while.

However, now it is working. -.-

When I download large files with PNDManager I always see the download bar stopping, going to the start and suddenly it returns to the last position before continuing the download, and this happens many times.

Anyway at the end the files are retrieved correctly.

Back