DIY OpenPandora

Saving time not only save you dollars but also put your mind at ease to think better, organize yourself and think of ideas would not have time to think of otherwise.
That may be true if Craig were the one saving the time, but he has minions putting them together for him; taking a minion off the line for 3 hours doesn't give Craig any extra time at all, just the worker.

Please listen carefully:

The bottleneck is in the pcb production.

That means whether ED can assemble 4 Pandoras per hour, or just dumps the parts into a box, or just takes a dump in a box, you would not receive your Pandora sooner.

The ONLY instance in which this could possibly make a difference in delivery date would be if the boards were delivered to OPT in larger batches than could be handled in a day. Unless the rate of pcb production exceeds the rate of assembly, the impact would be incredibly minor at best. Ya might save a day, maybe two. That's assuming they never flex a workday, always build and ship immediately, and by and large manufacture Pandoras like optimized robots. Since instead they're human and would hold to a ship-within-7-days guarantee, you would not receive your Pandora sooner.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows where the bottle neck is. It only has been stated about 100 times throughout the forums. I think they should sell the system in kit form as well. Though this will not rush the process of the PCB boards, it will allow some of us to tinker with it from the start. This however is when the orders can be taken and filled again. I don't see this for another couple months if not longer with a 2-3yr backlog on orders. This all seems speculatory anyways. This thing could very well butt over band box and we all could be victims of the Zombie Apocalypse and the Pandora can only be used as a club.

Please listen carefully:

The bottleneck is in the pcb production.

That means whether ED can assemble 4 Pandoras per hour, or just dumps the parts into a box, or just takes a dump in a box, you would not receive your Pandora sooner.

The ONLY instance in which this could possibly make a difference in delivery date would be if the boards were delivered to OPT in larger batches than could be handled in a day. Unless the rate of pcb production exceeds the rate of assembly, the impact would be incredibly minor at best. Ya might save a day, maybe two. That's assuming they never flex a workday, always build and ship immediately, and by and large manufacture Pandoras like optimized robots. Since instead they're human and would hold to a ship-within-7-days guarantee, you would not receive your Pandora sooner.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows where the bottle neck is. It only has been stated about 100 times throughout the forums. I think they should sell the system in kit form as well. Though this will not rush the process of the PCB boards, it will allow some of us to tinker with it from the start. This however is when the orders can be taken and filled again. I don't see this for another couple months if not longer with a 2-3yr backlog on orders. This all seems speculatory anyways. This thing could very well butt over band box and we all could be victims of the Zombie Apocalypse and the Pandora can only be used as a club.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. the key word here is option for those who want it.
Saving time not only save you dollars but also put your mind at ease to think better, organize yourself and think of ideas would not have time to think of otherwise.
That may be true if Craig were the one saving the time, but he has minions putting them together for him; taking a minion off the line for 3 hours doesn't give Craig any extra time at all, just the worker.
Craig would save money on minion labor.

Um...I see what you all mean, but...If you want to help OPT out, you really won't do that by adding new classes of ordering (as has already been pointed out), and you won't really save time or money for anyone.

And to be able to tinker from the start...Well, actually, you do get a pandora kit. It is just packaged in the most space efficient way in order to ship cheaper. All you need to unpack the kit is a screwdriver and some nimble fingers. Trust me - I've done it.

Back