Do Not Order Wiz From Consolesource.com

Spykez

So as some of you have seen about my wiz not being read in windows with the connecting of the USB cable.

Well I updated the firmware and it still won't read. The wiz says connected when I choose either nand and SD and won't read.

I got ahold of consolesource.com and their pretty much telling me it doesn't matter what I say, but if gp2xwiz.com owners or whatever say it's defective THEN they will see about an RMA, but because there hasn't been any reports of complaints etc, they act like they won't do anything, unless said site says so.

Fuck consolesource

I guess I'll just have to buy another from store who knows how to treat customers.

So as some of you have seen about my wiz not being read in windows with the connecting of the USB cable.

Well I updated the firmware and it still won't read. The wiz says connected when I choose either nand and SD and won't read.

I got ahold of consolesource.com and their pretty much telling me it doesn't matter what I say, but if gp2xwiz.com owners or whatever say it's defective THEN they will see about an RMA, but because there hasn't been any reports of complaints etc, they act like they won't do anything, unless said site says so.

Fuck consolesource

I guess I'll just have to buy another from store who knows how to treat customers.
I got my wiz last week and had a dodgy cable with mine, have you opened the connection side of the wire up and checked its all correct inside?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuck consolesource

I got my wiz last week and had a dodgy cable with mine, have you opened the connection side of the wire up and checked its all correct inside?
wouldn't know what to look for, it should be fine as it detects it when plugged in and charges great

If I was you I would try talking to your supplier once more, stating that it has a fault. As tyke said it may even just be a cable so try to get them to send you another one as a diagnostic!

If you're not getting any joy from them, I would send it back to them via registered delivery with an accompanying letter stating the fault and what actions you have taken, including any correspondence between you and the supplier plus the original order/invoice number.

A faulty device is not fit for the purpose it was bought for and by law they have to either repair or replace it, but don't go crazy quoting regulations as sometimes this may cause more hassle than it's worth.

opened it up to take a peek and saw some loose silver wiring or something, go max zoom you can do to see it, put arrows on them, anyone have a working USB they can post a picture of, also is this USB specifically for the wiz or is there another cable out there that will fit it.

bfnbix.jpg

opened it up to take a peek and saw some loose silver wiring or something, go max zoom you can do to see it, put arrows on them, anyone have a working USB they can post a picture of, also is this USB specifically for the wiz or is there another cable out there that will fit it.
Those wires look a mess alright. Red and Green wires soldered together (is that normal?)
Cant tell about the "fraying" looks like some of the USB wires have been cut back.
In fact i'am no wiring expert but can you even transfer data with only 3 connections?
This looks like a charger only... In face it would be worth checking if this is an offical wiz product and not a phone charger.

I've got a USB mains adpaptor for when I get mine but if the wiring is like this I won't be plugging it in!
What did you do to open it up?

Oh and clean your jeans you mucky pup :D

Those wires look a mess alright. Red and Green wires soldered together (is that normal?"]
Cant tell about the "fraying" looks like some of the USB wires have been cut back.
In fact i'am no wiring expert but can you even transfer data with only 3 connections?
This looks like a charger only... In face it would be worth checking if this is an offical wiz product and not a phone charger.

I've got a USB mains adpaptor for when I get mine but if the wiring is like this I won't be plugging it in!

Oh and clean your jeans you mucky pup :D[/quote]No wire expert either, so no idea.

This is an official wiz product, it came in the retail packaging and everything. The usb male part has GPH logo on it as well.

as for my jeans sir, jsut got off work :p their stained with machine oil and paint :p

Amadeus is correct, that looks terrible! I will try and take a look at my cable tonight, the only problem is that I have the old type with the LED on it, not sure if that will help :(

By the way, if your supplier doesn't fix it and you are not adapt at soldering yourself, one of us could repair it for you if you like, I'm very experienced at such things and am happy to sort it for you :)

Amadeus is correct, that looks terrible! I will try and take a look at my cable tonight, the only problem is that I have the old type with the LED on it, not sure if that will help :(
By the way, if your supplier doesn't fix it and you are not adapt at soldering yourself, one of us could repair it for you if you like, I'm very experienced at such things and am happy to sort it for you :)

Ya that'd be great to have someone fix it if that's the issue im having but lets say if I were to have you do it, I'm in the USA, and im assuming as said in the info below your avatar, your in the UK, so I'd have to go all said time without being able to charge my wiz :\

Is there anywhere selling usb cables or is there another brand that sells USB cables with this connection that would work.

Kind of sad I paid 180 bucks (220 for the SD card wiz and leather case) for a product that rocks but can't even get a decent quality usb cord :\

You can use a mobile phone charger like THIS ONE (Output 5.2v DC 580mA). That's what I use to charge my Wiz when I am at work!

Edit:
It's a charger for a Samsung E810 mobile Phone.

well seeing the connection is obviously on other cables, who makes a USB cable capable of transfering files that fits the wiz.

i wouldnt mind sending it out but the bullshit customs, shipping charges and wait wouldn't be worth it for a little usb cord. I do appreciate such offers though.

well seeing the connection is obviously on other cables, who makes a USB cable capable of transfering files that fits the wiz.
I can't think of one ATM, but if you get a charger (Mine cost me £10) then at least you will be able to get one of us (USA based) to fix your original lead :)

I can't think of one ATM, but if you get a charger (Mine cost me £10) then at least you will be able to get one of us to fix your original lead :"]
[/quote]anyone in the US able to do it?

I can't think of one ATM, but if you get a charger (Mine cost me £10"] then at least you will be able to get one of us to fix your original lead :"][/quote]anyone in the US able to do it?[/quote]The problem is you want a connector not just a charger. and the more I think about it you've only got a charger.
I would send that photo to GP2X.com and consolesource.com outlining your case showing the logos etc and ask for a cable sent out from one of them.
Keep them both in the email.

I don't know how it works in the U.S but here that would fall under "not being fit for purpose" and legally consolesource would have to refund/ replace the item.

I can't think of one ATM, but if you get a charger (Mine cost me £10"] then at least you will be able to get one of us to fix your original lead :"]
anyone in the US able to do it?[/quote]The problem is you want a connector not just a charger. and the more I think about it you've only got a charger.
I would send that photo to GP2X.com and consolesource.com outlining your case showing the logos etc and ask for a cable sent out from one of them.

I don't know how it works in the U.S but here that would fall under "not being fit for purpose" and legally consolesource would have to refund/ replace the item.[/quote]well wtf, how did I end up with just a charge lmao.

So what exactly should I be going for in terms of contacting the makers, I've gone to the wiz's homepage and no one is responding to me, gp2x.com gives me a blank white page...

I can't think of one ATM, but if you get a charger (Mine cost me £10"] then at least you will be able to get one of us to fix your original lead :"]
anyone in the US able to do it?[/quote]The problem is you want a connector not just a charger. and the more I think about it you've only got a charger.

I don't know how it works in the U.S but here that would fall under "not being fit for purpose" and legally consolesource would have to refund/ replace the item.[/quote]The cables that come with a Wiz are not just chargers and looking at his lead I can see 4 cables, that's all that is required: Data+, Data-, +5V and Common. But you're right, he should get it repaired or replaced.

Those wires look a mess alright. Red and Green wires soldered together (is that normal?"]

Oh and clean your jeans you mucky pup :D [/quote]I'm not an expert either but it looks like there are 4 wires there, which is sufficient for USB - D+, D-, 5V, and ground. Charging is working okay so the 5V is probably connected fine. The frayed wires and foil parts are shielding from where they cut the cable, I think it's pretty normal for a hack job like this. But the other cables look like they were soldered poorly like others have said.. then again I've never soldered anything in my life, but I can't imagine that the red and green and possibly black are NOT shorting.

The colors are supposed to be:
Green: D+
White: D-
Red: 5V
Black: Ground

Assuming that the wires are going to the correct EXT port pins in the first place.

It seems to me like you can scrape away some of the excess solder then wrap Kapton tape or somethnig else that offers good insulation around the ends, then perhaps tape them down/apart from each other. So long as you're careful not to snap anything that should clean it up, but you'd probably better listen to someone who knows what they're talking about instead of me.

so do you guys think that it's my USB that's not functioning right and not my wiz?

I mean when I plug the USB into the wiz and computer it shows up on the wiz as it's connected, but like I said, nothing in windows

My wiz cable came through in a the same crappy condition as yours last week, it would shut my pc off when plugged in and not even charge the wiz. I tidyed mine up and wrapped some tape around the cables to ensure they weren’t shorting each other out, it works fine now but was annoying to have to hack a brand new cable to get it to work .;)

Sorry, I only saw 3 wires there.
Didn't see the black one. :huh:

Long day staring at a screen doing graphics.
Need eyes tested!

Back