Do We Have Anyway To Play Cps1 And Cps2 Games?

M

MontyQ

Do we have anyway to play CPS1 and CPS2 games? I tried Final Burn in ginge it loads but always crashes, any pandora emu that can play all these great games ?

With the Wiz version, though, performance takes a hit and you don't get the Pandora's full resolution.

See this thread;
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3006-let-it-be-known-that-i-am-now-starting-a-pool-for-a-final-burn-alpha-port/

Is there source for the Wiz version anywhere? I ask because using source for the Wiz would be the quickest, easiest place to start to get something actually working on the Pandora. I know it's kind of outdated, but all Linux versions of the code are. If there is source for this or a less outdated version that doesn't contain dependencies on DirectX or any x86 assembly code, I'd be interested to see.

MontyQ said:
I tried Final Burn in ginge it loads but always crashes, any pandora emu that can play all these great games ?
To add to what everyone else has already said, MAME4All supports CPS1 games, and MAME 0.106 can run the CPS2 stuff (but unfortunately you'll need to overclock for it to run CPS2 games well).

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
MontyQ said:
I tried Final Burn in ginge it loads but always crashes, any pandora emu that can play all these great games ?
To add to what everyone else has already said, MAME4All supports CPS1 games, and MAME 0.106 can run the CPS2 stuff (but unfortunately you'll need to overclock for it to run CPS2 games well).

Biggest issue tho and always has been with MAME is no savestates making it pretty usless imo. If in on the bus or just feel like playing 15 minutes of say turtles in time I can't save and quit and go back later, I'd have to sit there until I beat it and people don't always have the time or want that. Look at dingoo even the native cps1 and cps2 emulator runs great imo and they support save states.

Is there a way to run dingoo native .sim files on pandora like how ginge runs .gpe files ?

If not that be a great idea as dingoo has loads great stuff that be great to use on pandora also.

Alerino said:
MontyQ said:
Biggest issue tho and always has been with MAME is no savestates making it pretty usless imo.

ha! Arcades didn't have save games also! That's the spirit! Be a hero, be a man and play it 'til the end! The difference now is that you don't have to spend all your coins on it. :p

OR

press P and push it to low power mode

lol you mean if I hit pause and put pandora into sleep mode when I wake it goes back to the game ? Man I thought it went back to mini menu or the desktop lol man I learn a new trick a day....ty great tip of the day for me :)

MontyQ said:
Is there a way to run dingoo native .sim files on pandora like how ginge runs .gpe files ?

If not that be a great idea as dingoo has loads great stuff that be great to use on pandora also.

Well, Ginge is a wrapper that allows programs that also run on an ARM based system to run on the Pandora (an ARM based system). The Dingoo, however, is not an ARM based system; it is based on a MIPS chip. That means in order to run Dingoo native software, you would have to do full emulation of its hardware. That would not be practical to try to do on the Pandora.

Back