Do You Get A Screen Protector?

gpx74532

Still Fresh
Does anyone know if you get a screen protector in the box if you order?

Thanks

I don't know, but if you don't get one, at the very least the screen is the same as the one used in the Archos 605 WiFi, and you can get screen protector films for that from here (and almost certainly elsewhere, too).

I ordered a Zagg InvisibleShield for the Archos, since it's the same screen. Dunno if I'll apply it though...I'll wait and see how robust the Pandora screen is. Presumably the clamshell will protect the screen enough...?

I didn't even think of that. I might end up buying some screen protectors. We'll see how much I have left over in my Pandora budget after I purchase the SDHC cards in November.

Moxie said:
Yes. It is called "The lid"... :lol:
Actually, most scratches on touchscreens come from stylus (ab)use. I only takes a single piece of grit to get lodged in the soft plastic of the tip and your nerve endings will curl up on that eerie scratching noise.

Ask me why Newton folks invariably adopted the habit of licking the tip of their stylus (I'm sure there's a very dirty joke in there somewhere) before applying it to the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had a good experience with a ZAGG.com screen protector? I got a kit for my phone, and while I love it on the body of the unit, on the touchscreen (LG DARE) it made finger drag way too excessive and felt like cheap vinyl, so I removed it and opted for the cheap clingy plastic on the screen (which feels much more natural) go figure, I like the cheap protector better

Taking a quick browse of the site where I usually buy my cheap camera screen protectors and other fun cheap things it looks like a screen protector can be had for $1.41 and free shipping to the US. If indeed this is the right size, it can be found at http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3800

Looks like they have a replacement DS touchscreen for $3.44 too, looks like I will be fixing that while I'm at it :D
One note about this site, to the US things take about 3-4 weeks to get to my doorstep, so if you want to have a protector when you get your Pandora, better order soon.

I didn't use the exact brand of ZAGG protector, but this type is very common, and is the best I have found.
Use it on my touchscreen Nokia 770, and touchscreen LG phone.
The kind like this has a screen protector sandwiched between two protective plastic covers, which are removed as you apply it. The first is peeled off when you press it onto the screen, and the second comes off to reveal the final outer skin of the protector.

The key thing here is the layer of gel-like material coated on the inside if the protective cover. It conforms to the touchscreen, and helps the protector make a bubble and dust free application. Pay attention to the labels to make sure you apply the film correctly.
The outer film serves to make the protector thicker and easier to apply, and then is peeled off, making the very thin final cover almost unnoticeable during touch screen use.

I would recommend buying a screen protector and applying it to the Pandora before any use of a stylus, and hopefully before any dust hits the screen. I did this with my Nokia, and when I remove the protector to change it every year or so, the screen looks brand new.

bitz_dv said:
Has anyone had a good experience with a ZAGG.com screen protector? I got a kit for my phone, and while I love it on the body of the unit, on the touchscreen (LG DARE) it made finger drag way too excessive and felt like cheap vinyl, so I removed it and opted for the cheap clingy plastic on the screen (which feels much more natural) go figure, I like the cheap protector better

Taking a quick browse of the site where I usually buy my cheap camera screen protectors and other fun cheap things it looks like a screen protector can be had for $1.41 and free shipping to the US. If indeed this is the right size, it can be found at http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3800

Looks like they have a replacement DS touchscreen for $3.44 too, looks like I will be fixing that while I'm at it :D
One note about this site, to the US things take about 3-4 weeks to get to my doorstep, so if you want to have a protector when you get your Pandora, better order soon.

dont forget aspect ratio... that deal extreme protector is 16:9...

greendots said:
Sorry, I wasn't sure if the deal extreme protector was the correct size. The Pandora is 16:10?

bitz_dv said:
greendots said:
Sorry, I wasn't sure if the deal extreme protector was the correct size. The Pandora is 16:10?

It's actually 5:3, or 15:9.

Big fan of the Proporta screen protectors (they're not the shiny type, don't get bubbles, and I've had some for years that still show no wear). Could we get confirmation of the screen being the same as the Archos, so I can order the correct one?

P-J said:
Kyosys said:
won't that make the screen dirty?

Clearly you have the lesser known 'coloured' saliva.

Some clarification might be needed. The "Newton Screen Lick" was not so much to moisturize your stylus (oh gawd! this is getting worse, isn't it?) but rather to use your generally more sensitive tongue (there we go again!) to check for grit on the stylus tip.

Back