Pandora Screen Protector -

kingoddball

Hello!
I'm after a screen protector that will fit the Pandora correctly.

I'm on ebay now and have found a lot of 4.3" screen protectors. Will they all fit?
The 4.3" could be diagonal or horizontal?

Ebay 4.3" protector

What device has the SAME screen as Pandora?

Archos 605 or something?

Dimension: 3.75" x 2.19" (9.53 x 5.56 cm) - Archos 605 + others Screen Protectors

Sorry - I'm just trying to set up my Pandora zone!!
I've setup a spot right next to my bed for it. I'm sure I had a photo of my wife there... :pandora2ut4: :D

The forum search doesn't work too well. Site search on google somtimes works better

To anwser your question the Pandora has the same screen as the Archos 605. I believe most people here bought screen protector for Archos 605.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50730-does-pandora-share-a-screen-with-the-archos-5-internet-tablet/

Last edited by a moderator:
The pandora screen is resistive right? How will adding a screenprotector affect this, will I need to press down the stylus or my finger a lot harder?(following with poking a hole straight through the device)

matenrou said:
The pandora screen is resistive right? How will adding a screenprotector affect this, will I need to press down the stylus or my finger a lot harder?(following with poking a hole straight through the device)

I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Nintendo DS use same/similar screen protectors and use the same touch input style.

I just purchased a few protectors.. Wrong ones (I think) I misread. I got Archos 604! DAMMIT!

I just purchased another one for Archos 605!! :D

Edit: @marshal. Thank you very much for your help.

If it turns out (or someone knows) that the Archos 604 is the same SIZE screen as Pandora I'll have 4 protectors if anyone wants one (if they fit).

kingoddball said:
matenrou said:

I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Nintendo DS use same/similar screen protectors and use the same touch input style.

I just purchased a few protectors.. Wrong ones (I think) I misread. I got Archos 604! DAMMIT!

I just purchased another one for Archos 605!! :D

Edit: @marshal. Thank you very much for your help.

If it turns out (or someone knows) that the Archos 604 is the same SIZE screen as Pandora I'll have 4 protectors if anyone wants one (if they fit).

If they do fit, I'll take one of your hands. Since we're both in Australia it's even easier, just stick it in an envelope :) how much?

Free.

No point charging for them. I bought them by mistake.

Just waiting for them (4) to arrive from Asia.
I'll just slap it in a basic small envelope with some cardboard (they'll probably come in cardboard anyway).

Total thanks!

For once something free! I was meaning to buy one for awhile actually.. Ever since I read another thread someone made months back. The other day I contacted Openpandora sales again to stock up on stuff that I couldn't afford last time. I bought a case, TV cable, an extra stylus and a $20 DEV fund. Consider half that fund now from you, to them.. If you get what I mean. I had to do something in return for your trouble. I'll PM you my address. It's a shame you aren't in QLD. I don't know if anyone else here is?

No Worries.

Happy to help!
:pandora2ut4: It's probably best to keep rare and illusive Pandora pristine. First Batch - Stealth Edition!

TBH, till today I was of the opinion that screen protectors are scam. As I have mistaken it with the foil which is mostly on mobiles when you buy them. After reading this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_protector

I would be happy if the OpenPandora-Team finds a new generation screen protector for the Pandora nd offers it for sell.
We might use the Archos605-Display, however, I think the non-adhesive protectors aren't just about the size, as they get clamped onto teh screen. Has someone experience with such new gen protectors?

I believe I've heard good things about these screen protectors from Zagg. There was a thread about them not so long ago.

EDIT: I think this would be one of those 'new gen protectors'. See the video on that page as well.
I don't have any personal experience with them, however.

I've used Zagg screen protectors on all my electronics for years now. They really are second to none and in this case you DO get what you pay for.

BWoodson said:
I've used Zagg screen protectors on all my electronics for years now. They really are second to none and in this case you DO get what you pay for.

I purchased 2 zagg screen protectors for my Pandora. (2 because I usually screw up installation on the first one.) One thing I didn't know when I purchased them was they are the kind that requires a solution to get a tight seal against the screen. As time has gone on I've become increasingly paranoid about applying a solution to the screen of this device I've waited so long for, and I've become so paranoid that I've almost written off using them altogether.

Since you've used them before, do you think there will be any issue with installation on the Pandora? The bezel around the screen has me concerned and I'm one of the types that will rip the screen protector off if I can't get all the air bubbles out. Also, hyporthetically speaking, lets say I try the installation and then decide I don't like it and I pull the screen protector off. Does the solution or protector cause any sort of residue to build up on the screen?

Thanks for your help because really this device will be too precious to me to risk messing up with some screen protectors, even if they are from a company as well respected as Zagg.

Gein07

I have always used BoxWave protectors on my screens. No complaints.

I bought a ndsi-xl the other day and I got a screen protector for it. Stuck the dam thing on and when I booted it up the touch screen would no longer work. I managed to get a load of bits under it anyway so I had a load of bubbles so I took it off again, screens works fine now :)

Gein07 said:
BWoodson said:

I purchased 2 zagg screen protectors for my Pandora. (2 because I usually screw up installation on the first one.) One thing I didn't know when I purchased them was they are the kind that requires a solution to get a tight seal against the screen. As time has gone on I've become increasingly paranoid about applying a solution to the screen of this device I've waited so long for, and I've become so paranoid that I've almost written off using them altogether.

Since you've used them before, do you think there will be any issue with installation on the Pandora? The bezel around the screen has me concerned and I'm one of the types that will rip the screen protector off if I can't get all the air bubbles out. Also, hyporthetically speaking, lets say I try the installation and then decide I don't like it and I pull the screen protector off. Does the solution or protector cause any sort of residue to build up on the screen?

Thanks for your help because really this device will be too precious to me to risk messing up with some screen protectors, even if they are from a company as well respected as Zagg.

Gein07

I've had a Zagg shield on my iPhone 3G since almost the first day. (got it on release day - July 11th 2008) and I carry my phone around in my pocket every single day. The Zagg shield itself still looks pretty much new. They also have a lifetime warrenty against scratches so if you ever happen to scratch the thing (maybe if I carried loose diamonds in my pocket with my phone!) they'll replace it for free.

I bought a Zagg Shield for my Pandora a couple years ago...not sure if I'll apply it though. I had decent luck putting one on my first gen iPod Touch, but my 2nd gen iPod Touch I left alone, and the screen is still fine.

I don't think I'll be even using the touchscreen that much, if I can navigate menus and such with the nubs and keyboard.

Yeah but the iPod/iPhone screen is some kind of insane glass. I doubt the Pandora screen will be nearly as scratch resistant. I bought a Zagg for mine, but I'm going to wait until others put it on to make sure nothing happens with regards to the application liquid.

I've owned a few devices (PSP, Archos 5, some MP3 Player) that uses the Zagg protectors. They are great!

Gein07 said:
...One thing I didn't know when I purchased them was they are the kind that requires a solution to get a tight seal against the screen. As time has gone on I've become increasingly paranoid about applying a solution to the screen of this device I've waited so long for, and I've become so paranoid that I've almost written off using them altogether...
I believe the "solution" is really just soapy water. It is there to help your protector "glide" around on your device while positioning it. As long as you don't soak your device with the solution, there should be no problem.

... I'm one of the types that will rip the screen protector off if I can't get all the air bubbles out. Also, hyporthetically speaking, lets say I try the installation and then decide I don't like it and I pull the screen protector off. Does the solution or protector cause any sort of residue to build up on the screen?
You really need to give it a day or 2 for the bubble to come out by itself. If it doesn't, you can always peel it off and re-apply. There is no residue, I've peeled off and re-apply weeks after the 1st installation before.

Things to remember, from my experience:
* Make sure you and your area is as lint free as possible. Some people recommend using the bathroom right after a hot shower.
* Keep your fingers really wet with the solution so that it won't leave finger print(s) on your protector. They are a bitch to remove.
* Make sure you apply enough of the solution on your protector so that it can glide around for you to position it correctly.
* Use the edger that comes with your protector or a credit card (cc) to seal the protector to your screen. Try to lay the protector down from one edge slowly and use the edger/cc to remove as much bubble as possible. Do not wait till the whole protector is down before using the edger/cc, it's too late by that time, you will need to peel off and re-apply.

For my DS and iPhones I've used generic cheap CRAP screens and I have never had an issue at all. The kids are using generic stick on protectors (nothing with clips - silicon glue type stickon) and they havenk concerns.

darien said:
Yeah but the iPod/iPhone screen is some kind of insane glass. I doubt the Pandora screen will be nearly as scratch resistant. I bought a Zagg for mine, but I'm going to wait until others put it on to make sure nothing happens with regards to the application liquid.

good point. I'll wait and see what the screen is like and what others do.

Back