Invisibleshield (Screen Protector & All Other Items)

openthebox

As we all know, the Pandora's screen uses the same (well exterior wise) one that the Archos 605 uses.
Zagg (seller of the invisibleShield) today has everything at their store on sale (50% off), including the 605 screen protector.

(main store front with the advertising of 50% off)

Archos 605 protector Regular price is $14.99 ($7.50 with the discount)

Shipping starts at $2.99, but is free with > $30 purchase.

I bought this a year ago when it had a 30% off, so this is a better deal.

Recently, I also purchased their standard body protector for a Dell 17" laptop. I intend to use this by cutting it out to fit the exterior of the Pandora. It won't be a perfect fit as a customized ones, but I think it will be good enough to help prevent scratches on the outside. It will also provide a "grip" to the device to prevent it from slipping out of my hand. I've purchase full body coverage for my wife's Archos 5 and my daughter's DSLite before. Let me tell you, it makes a big different in the gripping of the devices. So this is something you may want to consider.

All of their laptops are for about the same price of $39.99 ($20 after 50% off), so get the largest one. You will probably have left over to use for some of your other devices. I used some left over for my digital camera before, it works perfectly. :)

Hope this helps some of you who haven't purchase a screen protector and also for others who haven't thought about a full body protection for the Pandora.

They have a portable charger that is $50 (after 50% off), I wonder if this is something that is worthwhile to have for use with our Pandora/CellPhone/PSP/DS/etc... ?

Zagg Sparq

* 6,000 mAh Lithium Polymer
* Has the power to charge an iPhone up to four times
* 4 yellow lights indicate power level, 25%-50%-75%-100%
* Has the ability to charge multiple USB devices simultaneously
* Fixed output: 2x 1000mA @ 5V
* Power Source: AC 100-240 v/50/60 Hz
* Physical Size 3.5 x 3.5 x 1 inches
* Weight .54 lbs.

OpenTheBox said:
As we all know, the Pandora's screen uses the same (well exterior wise) one that the Archos 605 uses.
Zagg (seller of the invisibleShield) today has everything at their store on sale (50% off), including the 605 screen protector.

(main store front with the advertising of 50% off)

Archos 605 protector Regular price is $14.99 ($7.50 with the discount)

Shipping starts at $2.99, but is free with > $30 purchase.

I bought this a year ago when it had a 30% off, so this is a better deal.

Recently, I also purchased their standard body protector for a Dell 17" laptop. I intend to use this by cutting it out to fit the exterior of the Pandora. It won't be a perfect fit as a customized ones, but I think it will be good enough to help prevent scratches on the outside. It will also provide a "grip" to the device to prevent it from slipping out of my hand. I've purchase full body coverage for my wife's Archos 5 and my daughter's DSLite before. Let me tell you, it makes a big different in the gripping of the devices. So this is something you may want to consider.

All of their laptops are for about the same price of $39.99 ($20 after 50% off), so get the largest one. You will probably have left over to use for some of your other devices. I used some left over for my digital camera before, it works perfectly. :)

Hope this helps some of you who haven't purchase a screen protector and also for others who haven't thought about a full body protection for the Pandora.
Thanks, might just use this :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OpenTheBox said:
They have a portable charger that is $50 (after 50% off), I wonder if this is something that is worthwhile to have for use with our Pandora/CellPhone/PSP/DS/etc... ?

Zagg Sparq

* 6,000 mAh Lithium Polymer
* Has the power to charge an iPhone up to four times
* 4 yellow lights indicate power level, 25%-50%-75%-100%
* Has the ability to charge multiple USB devices simultaneously
* Fixed output: 2x 1000mA @ 5V
* Power Source: AC 100-240 v/50/60 Hz
* Physical Size 3.5 x 3.5 x 1 inches
* Weight .54 lbs.
LOL. now im kinda sorry i bought a other external battery pack yesterday...for 70 dollars.
I am getting a energizer XP8000 that has 8000mah. but this looks smaller and more trustable.

Thanks for the heads up. Just purchased the screen shield.

I've always wanted a solar power charger. I remember seeing one a long time ago that looked like a folded up Gameboy SP.

Buy the screen protectors from ebay.
Most LCD protectors are something like $5 and that includes postage.

kingoddball said:

This is a very specific brand though. You can drop a pizza on this one and an italian guy will show up and eat the pizza, then disappear down a green tube.

kingoddball said:
I like ordering from within the US.
I'll pay a bit more for a local company.
And these prices are pretty close to the Hong Kong version, and I'll get them faster.
Hong Kong is much closer to Australia, though, so it may not be such a great deal for you.

This device is up for preorder now, $40, has a 650mAh battery that you charge by pulling a cord. Much more effective than a solar charger: http://www.yogenstore.com/

And power bricks are sometimes useful, like Energizer's and Black and Decker's but this is much easier to carry: http://usb.brando.com/usb-wrist-band-battery_p01097c038d015.html

I wouldn't buy screen protectors on ebay, you could get a couple layers of cellophane and tape.

kingoddball said:
These screen protectors are military grade though, I have a friend that has one on his Archos(not the 605) and he showed me how could try to scratch it with his keys and it didn't scratch. If you take something really sharp and deliberately tried to cut it you could though, it's not invincible. It is definitely stronger than just a layer of plastic. With the same wear and tear I'm sure you would need to replace the lesser cost screen protectors multiple times before you needed to replace this one.

I don't think I'll need it though, both my Nintendo SP and DS are scratch free, so the folding feature of the Pandora is better than any screen protector could ever be. Then again the touch screen on my DS isn't scratched but isn't crystal clear anymore. I don't think I'll use the touch screen on the Pandora much though.

fischju2000 said:
This device is up for preorder now, $40, has a 650mAh battery that you charge by pulling a cord. Much more effective than a solar charger: http://www.yogenstore.com/

And power bricks are sometimes useful, like Energizer's and Black and Decker's but this is much easier to carry: http://usb.brando.com/usb-wrist-band-battery_p01097c038d015.html

I wouldn't buy screen protectors on ebay, you could get a couple layers of cellophane and tape.

I don't know, I saw a report on that where 3 minutes of tugging equaled 1% of power. I only want a solar charger as part of my mobile desert-island kit.

I'll not be needing a screen protector at first as my Pandora will be sealed in a water-proof bag to keep off the tears of disbelief.

fischju2000 said:

Will the yogan really work and provide real AC-like power? I think its to good to be true.

borgqueenx said:
fischju2000 said:

Will the yogan really work and provide real AC-like power? I think its to good to be true.
Well, in some show they ran a test. Running a projector out of sheer human power. It took two guys on bikes sweating their asses off to get the projector to light up.

The amount of power used by different appliances seems deceptively small. It sure seems easy flipping a switch on to turn on a light bulb, but if you needed to produce the required power on your own, you'd probably leave the light off althogether instead. :lol:

EDIT: Table of power a person can generate

Yoyobuae said:
borgqueenx said:
fischju2000 said:

Well, in some show they ran a test. Running a projector out of sheer human power. It took two guys on bikes sweating their asses off to get the projector to light up.

The amount of power used by different appliances seems deceptively small. It sure seems easy flipping a switch on to turn on a light bulb, but if you needed to produce the required power on your own, you'd probably leave the light off althogether instead. :lol:

To good to be true then. :(

It a matter of time, really.

With a good enough battery one could generate good amount of energy to charge it up. It would just take a really long time.

Assuming a person can generate 100 watts of power (that is on a bike with a generator attached) fully charging the battery of Pandora would take around 9~10 minutes of constant pedaling. Unless your in it for the exercise, doubt someone would like this.

Now for ultra-low power applications (LED flashlight, low power radio receiver) it can be practical. But Pandora, Iphone, etc are far above this category.

borgqueenx said:
Yoyobuae said:
borgqueenx said:
fischju2000 said:

To good to be true then. :(
It's enough to charge small things, like the Pandora, but don't expect to run much more than that. The benefit is that the battery can be charged anywhere, so if you're out camping and need a boost to your radio or gps or something, just pull-pull-pull and away you go.

Back