Do You Have A Digital Camera To Donate In Usa?

rsuryase

I have a friend wanting a digital camera but she's on welfare, so I was wondering if anyone has a digital camera they don't want that they can donate. I will pay for shipping. If not, Im sure ebay has cheap ones available.

How bad does she want one, and does she have a computer?
I might recommend a cameraphone.

@Jourdy288 She never owned a digital camera. She has a film camera. Her last photo was taken 4 years ago. Regular digital camera would be best because it's cheapest and better in taking pics. She has Windows XP.

@SONY She is deaf so she's getting money from the government for this disability.

I found a few for $20 on ebay, so I might get them if no one offers a free one.

Perhaps a good cameraphone would be a safe bet, I have a Samsung SPH-M510, simple phone, but it takes very good quality pics. I'm not sure on how easy it is to find one, but they're pretty affordable, durable, etc. Takes MicroSD.

Jourdy288 said:
a good cameraphone
No such thing as a good cameraphone and the decent ones cost 200€+ so not really an option. I say, go for a cheap ebay cam. A good 3Mpix cam shouldn't be more than 20$ and is probably better than a noname 8Mpix one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still hoping for a donation, anyone here have a cameraphone to donate? Anything that is portable and takes digital pics will do. :)

SONY said:
Mate, it's 2am here in Melbourne, Australia now...I'll get back to you in 15 hours, ok. I think I have something for her.

Talk soon , mate.

Sony, this is why I love having you at these forums..

I also have a digital camera, but I'm in the UK, so shipping might be not worth it, and it uses extinct xD cards.

(naw)mcx said:
I also have a digital camera, but I'm in the UK, so shipping might be not worth it, and it uses extinct xD cards.

If shipping is below US$20 and your digital camera is decent, I can do it. :) What is the capacity of your xD card?

rsuryase said:
(naw)mcx said:

If shipping is below US$20 and your digital camera is decent, I can do it. :) What is the capacity of your xD card?

The camera is 3.1 MP, Fuji. it works, runs on aa batteries.

the xd card is on 32MB. it's pretty awful, heh.

Again, might be too shit to be any worth!

SONY said:
I can't be stuffed Googling, but what is Welfare?

Sony, mate... To make it so other Aussies can understand:

Centerlink

or

DOLE BLUDGERS! (No offense to anyone - It's an inside joke [for Aussies members])

Back OT: If you can spare $50, I'm sure you can get a brand new 10-12MegaPixel camera.
Australia always have a higher markup then the rest of the world, and our basic 10/12MP cam's are $80.

@(naw)mcx lol 32mb xD and aa batteries. Most cheap $20 generic digital camera's on ebay offering 10MP uses aa batteries. Sounds like to good to be true. I was hoping a rechargeable one so she don't have to spend on batteries. I may take yours if no one offers a better one. I'm sure I can find higher capacity xD cards on ebay for really cheap.

@kingoddball I prefer to spend only $20-$30 lol. I'll surf on ebay a little more.

Just thought I'd chime in that the camera (naw)mcx is offering will be far better than any generic camera, fujifilm cameras have much better lenses normally.

Back