do you use the MP3/DIVX abilities of your GP32?

do you use the MP3/DIVX abilities of your GP32?

• I use an MP3 (or other audio) player on my GP32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a DIVX player on my GP32

• I don't use either

• I use both

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

ralp99

just curious, I thought it would be an interesting poll

I tried MP3s on my GP32 once, but I already have a discman that reads MP3 CDs, so it's pretty much useless to me in that respect.

Likewise, I would rather watch movies on the big screen than on the tiny GP32 (but of course I can't deny the inherent coolness of that ability). Perhaps if it wasn't so much of a pain-in-the-ass (requiring extra SMCs, the whole encoding process, relatively lower framerate) I'd be more gung-ho for it.

EDIT: damn I should have made an option for "I use both" - so just vote once for whichever you use more, too bad it won't let me edit the poll (if a mod could fix that, I'd appreciate it!)

ehh if i had more digital video's i'd buy GPCinema, but for now some OGGs would be good to put on it *need to convert some of my MP3s*

I have never seen the point in the DivX stuff. When you consider it is such a hassle to code the DivX correctly, you are only likely to bother doing it if it is something you have already seen and really like and I have never gone in for all that watching the same thing over and over again thing.

If you could just download DivX files that were already encoded for the GP32 it would be more worthwhile to me as I could find something I haven't seen that I may be interested in watching, but I understand that it is dodgy for someone to set a website up for this for copyright reasons. Thus, I have left it alone despite buying GPCinema and using it about 3 times.

if u havnt tried the gp32s mp3 player you should its actually loud... i dont really use it tho i have an mp3-atrac3 player

I dont have a big enough hard disk, so mainly watch music videos on my GP32. (as well as emulating SNES). Ultimate plan would be to watch lord of the rings on it, but would need two 128 SMCs

I have never seen the point in the DivX stuff. When you consider it is such a hassle to code the DivX correctly, you are only likely to bother doing it if it is something you have already seen and really like and I have never gone in for all that watching the same thing over and over again thing.

If you could just download DivX files that were already encoded for the GP32 it would be more worthwhile to me as I could find something I haven't seen that I may be interested in watching, but I understand that it is dodgy for someone to set a website up for this for copyright reasons. Thus, I have left it alone despite buying GPCinema and using it about 3 times.
I use it for both, and for gaming, SNES, PCEngine, Atari ST etc.

Encoding DIVX's is a peice of piss really. you'll only mess up once.
once you got the right settings just save them. i use virtualdub for this.
i have got both GpCinema and MoviePark installed, adn encode on Divx and XVID. XVID seems to produce better results but the files are larger than Divx ones.

i am currently watching the red dwarf series which i have encoded.
i watch 2 epsiodes everday on the train to and from work.

you can d/l pre encoded movies from emule/edonkey
in fact you will find a fair amount of my divx's floating around
you can also goto http://www.gp32-divx.com/index.jsp to see whats around on the emule network.

Last edited by a moderator:

I use it for both, and for gaming, SNES, PCEngine, Atari ST etc.

Encoding DIVX's is a peice of piss really. you'll only mess up once.
once you got the right settings just save them. i use virtualdub for this.
i have got both GpCinema and MoviePark installed, adn encode on Divx and XVID. XVID seems to produce better results but the files are larger than Divx ones.

i am currently watching the red dwarf series which i have encoded.
i watch 2 epsiodes everday on the train to and from work.

you can d/l pre encoded movies from emule/edonkey
in fact you will find a fair amount of my divx's floating around
you can also goto http://www.gp32-divx.com/index.jsp to see whats around on the emule network.
lol, i wondered why there was suddenly a load of red dward episodes if u type gp32 into emule :p. all urs then!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use both frequently until I bought an mp3 cd player (which I am so happy that I did because I just got rid of 60 megs of mp3s :D ), now I just use gpcinema (about once or twice every week).

dont use MP3's or DIVX's YET cos I only have a 32MB Card LOL

When I get a 128MB I will be using both :D

Back