• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• What the hell's an AC adapter?

• Total voters

Alpha2 posted on Feb 4 2004 at 03:35 AM said:
Does your adaptor have a brand name or a list of its output?
It is some sort of universal adapter.

HQ POWER
IC UNIVERSAL REGULATOR
Model: PSU03R/MWS893GS
PRI: 230V~50Hz 10.2W
SEC: 1.5-3-4.5-6-7.5-9-12V
300mA 3.6VA (max)

I currently have the volt set to 3V

Last edited by a moderator:
you need a REGULATED DC ADAPTOR (if it is unregulated it shall produce lines, as the voltage will constantly change)

it needs to be able to do 3V and should also be able to give 300-400mA (as it says 250mA minimum in the manual and says that standard is 400mA)

I am about to get some 2300Mah NIMH rechargable battery set. How long would these last on average if i was playing, say.... GPEngine?

Cheers,

-edit-

Sorry, forgot to mention, where would i be able to get an AC Adaptor that would work fine for the GP32 (official adaptor maybe?), and how much would it cost?

Thanks again,

CU_AMiGA posted on Feb 11 2004 at 01:41 PM said:
I am about to get some 2300Mah NIMH rechargable battery set. How long would these last on average if i was playing, say.... GPEngine?

Cheers,

-edit-

Sorry, forgot to mention, where would i be able to get an AC Adaptor that would work fine for the GP32 (official adaptor maybe?), and how much would it cost?

Thanks again,
FLU? Perhaps 6-7 hours (depends on if you overclock to 166 or not).

You can get one in your local electronics store, just make sure it uses the specs mentioned above and the input actually fits hole in the gp32 :) It shouldn't cost more than an ordinary adapter (mine was $10 I believe)

well, i don't know if it has been posted yet. but if you are afraid of using a multi-voltage-thingie then just get an adapter GBA and switch the wires on the lead that would go to the gp32. works like me licky charms.... YOU BASTARD KIDS STAY AWAY FROM ME LUCKY CHARMS :angry:

sebastian_insua posted on Feb 5 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
you need a REGULATED DC ADAPTOR (if it is unregulated it shall produce lines, as the voltage will constantly change)

it needs to be able to do 3V and should also be able to give 300-400mA (as it says 250mA minimum in the manual and says that standard is 400mA)
yeah mine does that. i only use it when flashing the fw. i was wondering. u know those plugs that prevent shorts in computers during storms etc. dont they regulate the electricity? so would that stop the scan lines? i dont hav a gp to test on just now.

I use a power board in my PC. It takes the 12V and 5V normally used for the drives, and produces 3V to 12V and a fixed 5V voltage on the back of my PC. The 5V socket on my PC currently has nothing in it, but the 3V to 12V socket is set to 3V (set on the board using jumpers) and hooked up to my GP. Works like a charm. Handy if I need to transfer stuff onto the GP and test new games without running down the batteries.

The jack that goes into the GP has a yellow tip and is real teeny tiny (not all psus have them - the one for my helicopter didn't).

Back