Do your nubs track smoothly?

Using Pandora Input-Testor, move your nub in a smooth circle, what does the tracking indicator do

• Moves in a smooth circle exactly as I move the nub.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Moves smoothly in a diamond pattern, points at up down left and right

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Hesitates, then jumps to a new position

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • something else entirely

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

DAP

The behaviour of my nubs when using them as a mouse annoyed me enough that I tried the Pandora Input-Tester to see how they actually behave.

My left nub moves in sort of a diamond shape with corners at the up, down, left and right locations. the lines between the corners are actually concave.

My right nub hesitates, then jumps to new positions. It seems to prefer diagonals (perhaps this is why I had so much trouble using it for mouse buttons). Moving the nub really slowly shows that it is not actually jumping between the hesitation points, just moving really quickly.

I was able to get my right nub to start working smoothly by moving back and fourth about a quarter of a turn in a section where it was not moving at all, and then repeating that for each of the four dead zones. (going in circles endlessly never fixed the problem).

The left nub I have been unable to get to work smoothly.

Lets see if my nubs are an anomaly, please run the test and report your results in the poll.

Thanks.

Mine run smoothly so I voted for #1. Once in a blue moon I have to recalibrate. I'd reckon the last time I had to do this was approximately 3 mos. ago. I don't know if that was considered under the option #4? :huh:

Back