Docking station?

What would I need my other PCs for anymore?

Heating the room.
It gets cold in my house, so yeah..

That's what the Xbox one is for.

Even is semi standby mode.
Why would you spend so much money on a heater? There are cheaper ones out there that do the job just as well.

-God Ginrai
It recognizes you as soon as you enter the room.

Don't know any other heater that has such a personal binding to you than your Xbox one.

If only she could smile if you enter.

Maybe the NSA guys do.

You could have the docking station sit at a desk at home. Keyboard, mouse, gamepad, stereo hifi and monitor already connected to it.

Then you come home, slide the Pyra into the docking station and it turns into a normal PC and even starts charging :)

No need to manually connect all wires to do that, just put it in and that's it.
This is exactly what I am looking for.  Was hoping Pandora could do it but unfortunately not easily (but it comes close) with some stuff.

You could have the docking station sit at a desk at home. Keyboard, mouse, gamepad, stereo hifi and monitor already connected to it.

Then you come home, slide the Pyra into the docking station and it turns into a normal PC and even starts charging :)

This is exactly what I am looking for. Was hoping Pandora could do it but unfortunately not easily (but it comes close) with some stuff.
I finally have the cables set up. (Wireless mouse/keyboard, TV out to projector, charger, speakers, USB hub with Ethernet) Using superzaxxon and openbox it feels like a full desktop to me. I'm hoping to try Slackware and pandian soon as well!

OMFG!

Is it planned to be released together with the Pyra or later?

Well, first we'll concentrate on the main unit, but once this is done, I want to start with the docking station.

It's a pretty simple thing, so it shouldn't take too long.
What connectors will be made available? I guess USB and HDMI is a given, but also the ext Port ? Especially for the Desktop/Laptop replacement usecase the ext. Port would be nice as HDMI provides an audio channel, but most desktop display don't have a passthrough or speakers. But this could complicate things > maybe a USB soundcard integrated in to dock (or available as option) ?

Or extending the idea of a included soundcard, how about making the dock a little bigger, and including an USB Hub. Create two compartments where even big USB dongles will fit and place a usb port in each. This way people could expand the functionality of the dock without having a mess on their desk, like having an optional soundcard, DVB stick, usb thumbdrive, etc.

How do you plan to create the eletrical connection ? Just some male connectors on the dock side ? I hope there is at least some kind of guidance, otherwise this could get "notchy".

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the OMAP Optins, I would say:

2 HDMI Connectors

1 USB Hub (2.1 or 3.0) with 4 connetors

1 RJ45 for ethernet

1 SATA port (internal or external?)

charging the Pyra itself of course

1-2 extra docks for additional battery charging (should also work with no Pyra connected

there ins't any PCI conectivity, right?

AND I'm wiling the help designing that dock.

1 RJ45 for ethernet
house-do-want.230-155.jpg

According to the OMAP Optins, I would say:

2 HDMI Connectors

1 USB Hub (2.1 or 3.0) with 4 connetors

1 RJ45 for ethernet

charging the Pyra itself of course

1-2 extra docks for additional battery charging (should also work with no Pyra connected

there ins't any PCI conectivity, right?

AND I'm wiling the help designing that dock.
If there isn't a special connector on the Pyra for 2nd hdmi, Sata and ethernet there will only be what's available already.

You can't split HDMI port to two seperated screens.

Sata and Ethernet can be built in via USB 3.0 and the adapters.

If there isn't a special connector on the Pyra for 2nd hdmi, Sata and ethernet there will only be what's available already.

You can't split HDMI port to two seperated screens.

Sata and Ethernet can be built in via USB 3.0 and the adapters.
I was more refering to that the OMAP itself has availble and I think I read somewhere in the spec that there is more than one Display connector... (maybe I'm wrong about that.)

I would love it when the Pyra Docking Station have Playstation2 Joypadports.
Because in the Future will it be possible to play Playstation2 with it.
Only a Matter of Time,you see it with PPSSPP ;)

Most People sayed PSP and Dreamcast never on the Pandora and they where all wrong ;)
I say Playstation2 is possible too.
We only need People like Exophase/Notaz and the PPSSPP Team on it.

Its a good Idea to connect a PS2-Pad to the Dock, but think this might be to console specific.

just plug a cheap PS2-->USB converter in the Docking Station and use it with your PS2 Pad.

Or build your own Docking Station and integrate it.

Or you pear the Pandora via Bluetooth on the Pyra, there is a programm which let the pandora emulate a bluetooth Gamepad :)

Also found, that ethernet would be nice..

How about a Port for a WLAN Cable ???? (sorry couldnd resist)..

As i only got me the last time the slowest pandora, this time i wants to by the whole package whit 3G, and Dock ..

I would love it when the Pyra Docking Station have Playstation2 Joypadports. Because in the Future will it be possible to play Playstation2 with it. Only a Matter of Time,you see it with PPSSPP ;) Most People sayed PSP and Dreamcast never on the Pandora and they where all wrong ;) I say Playstation2 is possible too. We only need People like Exophase/Notaz and the PPSSPP Team on it.
Are you saying I should dare to dream of playing Guitar Hero on Pyra?

I would love it when the Pyra Docking Station have Playstation2 Joypadports. Because in the Future will it be possible to play Playstation2 with it. Only a Matter of Time,you see it with PPSSPP ;) Most People sayed PSP and Dreamcast never on the Pandora and they where all wrong ;) I say Playstation2 is possible too. We only need People like Exophase/Notaz and the PPSSPP Team on it.
Are you saying I should dare to dream of playing Guitar Hero on Pyra?
No, you shouldn't. PS2 is already such a small possibility that I'm surprised ingoreis mentioned it. Not to mention, a game like Guitar Hero that relies on rhythm will not be enjoyable at any speed that is not fullspeed. Even if we did get PS2 emulation, begging for fullspeed on Guitar Hero would be quite the stretch.

EDIT: Althought you could probably play Guitar Hero today on DraStic on the Pandora, but I was assuming you were referring to Guitar Hero on the PS2.

-God Ginrai

Back