Dodgy Psp Screen

wolly wotsit

ad astra per alia porci
Website
Visit site
Heya gang. Today i talk to you on a serious note. I was playing my new psp in the dark just now, and noticed a thing. The last about a third of the screen is slightly off-colour. Pictures follow:

This is begnning to annoy me.
Now, the psp has a 30day warranty from gamestation, does anyone think i may be able to return the console, is it faulty enough?

Absolutely! Return that turd ... it's not like it's only a couple of dead pixels .. there's a serious problem with the LCD.

It's clearly noticable even on your photographs, so it must be worse in actual use. Return it whilst you still can, it certainly not how it show be.

Update:

I went to gamestation and the bastards told me that the screen aint under warranty. Luckily I knew that they weren't gonna replace it without a fight, and brought backup (Dad - Big trading standards bloke). Left him and the store clerk together for five minutes and when i returned, there was a shiny new psp waiting for me.

Bottom line is, get any hassle from them, just pretend you work in trading standards. Oh, and bring a beefy guy with you, just in case.

I really hate all those salesmen who just strive to make your day even more suckier than it already is...Bring a teddy with you!

WTF?!?!? So because the screen was bust when you got it they were not gunna replace it?!!?!? (good you had your dad)

So like if you were in shop when you first tried it out and saw it was not working right would they have changed it!?!?!?

The world is a very starnge and twisted place.

My local computer shop is very similar with a lot of things. Buying stuff from them is easy, but taking stuff back (even DOA) normally gets you a "Sorry, you'll need to return it to the manufacturer, they handle our returns for that product.".

I am sharing the collective rage. I'd threaten to ring up head office!

The store you buy it from has to replace it!

Glad they did, bastards!!!

Squidge posted on Apr 14 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
My local computer shop is very similar with a lot of things. Buying stuff from them is easy, but taking stuff back (even DOA) normally gets you a "Sorry, you'll need to return it to the manufacturer, they handle our returns for that product.".

They are not allowed to do that.

Sale of goods act 1979/1994 / supply of goods and services act, 1982 says that it is the retailer's responsibiltity to put things right if goods are not of "merchantable quality"

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have stuck pixels on mine, after a replacement too... and on my replacement im sure the square button seems a bit stiffer, and when i look down the side of the button i can see like a little metal bar, cant say i noticed it on my first one..

I think stuck pixels can be mended. Dead pixels can't.

Or am I wrong. I know there is this pixel mender thingy...

Deleted User posted on Apr 14 2006 at 09:23 PM said:
They are not allowed to do that.

Sale of goods act 1979/1994 / supply of goods and services act, 1982 says that it is the retailer's responsibiltity to put things right if goods are not of "merchantable quality"

I know. Last time I took something back, I asked for the manager and quoted trading standards. Got a refund :)

However, They've just changed there terms and conditions now to include stuff like the following:

"All faulty product must be sent direct to DFI - Diamond Flower Information (NL) B.V., Shannonweg 11, Port 5087, Rotterdam 3197LG, The Netherlands.TEL: +31-10-296-1848, FAX: +31-10-296-1849.

By placing this order you are agreeing to these conditions."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back