Technical Psp Wifi Question

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
First off, my PSP background is now a nice shade of pink.

How pretty!

Right, my actual problem.

At home we have a number of laptops connected to our main power house, broadband powered computer. Connected to this computer is a belkin USB 802.11b antenna thing.

the computer and laptop talk to each other via an ad-hoc network.

when i first got my psp i set it up with the correct SSID, assigned it an i.p. which was fit into our home set up (192.168.0.102) and was able to update my psp to version 1.5 over the net.

the psp has now stopped being able to see the network.

the psp has been added to the firewall accepted list and i have even dared to turn off the firewall for a few minutes and still have no luck.

the only thing i can think is that the new firmware has meant that in infrastructure mode you cannot connect to ad-hoc networks.

is this at all right? anyone able to help me out at all? its all very weird as before the update it worked fine.

When you updated the firmware did it reset the network settings?

If not, then I reckon you'll have to wait for a tech hero to come along.

I always though Ad-Hoc was just two devices talking to each other? The equivelent of a cross-over cable from one PC to another?

settings are exactly the same.

even stranger: my step dad's laptop broadcasts a random infrastructure signal that is never made use of, can't seem to get it to stop either. whilst all the computer and laptops talk on an adhoc signal the infrastructure one seems redundant.

today i was able to connect my psp to the net via this connection, it must have in turn gone through the laptop to connect to the main computers broadband connection.

Basically:

Two Days ago:

PSP => Belkin Ad-Hoc Signal => Main Computer => Internet

Today:

PSP => Belkin Infrastructure Signal => Laptop => Belkin Ad-Hoc Signal => Main Computer => Internet

weird.

Back