Wifi Psp Help

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Well here's my dilema, I've had my psp for almost 1/2 a year now. My dad recently got a free wireless-G Broadband Router Model #WRT54G and a laptop with a wifi card. I'd like to get my psp working on it but it won't work. The PSP finds the access point using the scan option and claims it has no security and a signal strength of 100% or 80% percent depending on which room I'm in in my house. So for WLAN Security Setting I selescted none. and for Adress Settings I selescted easy. WHen I try to test or use the connection it comes up with this:

A connection error has occured.
A connection to the access point could
not be established.
Check the security settings for the
network and try again

Connection Name home
SSID

When I asked my dad about he said he had no problems with his laptop but did say
that he remembered someone at work telling him that there are some wifi devices
"hard-coded" into the adapter and maybe that's why my psp wasn't working. But neither
he nor I really have any idea or know anything about wifi.

Please help me if you can!

this is how i did it, and just done it again, if this way doesnt work then your dad is probably right:

network settings, then select infastructure mode, press enter, create a connection, select new connection, enter connection name (default connection1) push right, on wlan settings select scan, your router should show up, showing your ssid, encryption and signal strength, click enter, address settings easy, push right, then you get your settings list, push right again and save your settings.

works fine with my router and its a cheap and nasty linksys one.

hope you get it sorted.

yup I believe your right, It is now showing up under the scan (it was before but not with the correct settings) and it has the correct settings, I just don't have the WPA Key, is there anyway to find this?

im sorry, i cant help no further, since i last posted my router has stopped working, i cant connect with mario kart ds, i get the 100% signal connection between laptop and router but everytime i try and go online it says page cannot be displayed, going direct through modem now.

on mariokart, getting an error code 52000, unable to obtain ip address, i droppped my laptop round by where all the plugs/router/modem is and now it dont work, no cables loose, everything seems ok etc, starting to piss me off now...

You will need to ask your Dad for the Key code. Or you can access your Router, click Wireless Security and it tells you the Key (You might need a password for the router)

thanks for the reply steve-o. That could work but I figured out how to fix it another way. Basically, the router was only accepting certain MAC adressed and at the time it was ONLY the laptop my dad's work gave him. He asked his employer about it and they are now changeing the router so that it will accept my psp. Apparently they do this because the router has direct access to the network at his work as well.

Back