Psp Wifi Issues With Firmware Update

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
Some of you may recall my past post about wifi problems with the psp.

Having spent a bit of time reading around the xlink forums i discovered the root of the problem.

Basically, with the update to v1.5 a PSP is no longer able to connect to the net via an adhoc wifi signal, whereas previously it could.

A fair number of home networks work on an adhoc basis, with the one computer sharing a net connection with many others, a router or some such is required in order to set up an infrastructure system where many computers access one point.

Hmmm, anyone know where i can download the previous firmware?

HAH I knew there were going to be some issues with the new updates... this is why I still have not updated my Jap PSP.

Unfortunately ALL US PSP's already come with v1.5 firmware....

it seems that sony are deliberately crippling PSPs, its odd.

when a browser etc is eventually released a lot of people are going to be pissed (myself included) if the psp can't access the net as easily as any other laptops, PDAs et al that make use of home wifi networks.

sort it out sony!

yeah that does suck... that's really a big deal for alot of people who are not so technically inclined and can't figure all that techy networking stuff out (like me).

This is why I will never upgrade the firmware until a way to Homebrew is found, sony are closing all the holes.

im glad that il be getting a jap psp though the us psp have longer battery, test proven by bast525. but i hope that the jap psp will stay like that!!! i think i will get a psp within intill july which is wuit along time, which by then the psp will maybe updated in japam :(.

hopefully the american network will be sorted out though...

To be honest, with wireless routers getting cheaper, it's not going to be an issue for much longer. I'm lucky enough to have one already, so that's good for me ;)

Back