Help With Psp Network Play

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
Okay, currently my house has a wired network using a LinkSys Router/Firewall. Obviously this is no good for PSP Network play.

I would like to know the cheapest way to get the network play working. Is it as simple as buying a wireless network card for my computer? And how secure would that be?

I'm an advanced computer user--just never dealt with wireless networks before.

Yes you should be able to get away with just buying one card if you're happy you'll be able to set your PC up as an Access point. If you're talking about "tunneling" to play "LAN" style games via wireless and the internet I highly recommend you have a read through this thread on the xlink forums;

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

Personally if nothing else in the house is wireless now and you're thinking about more wireless in future I'd look at getting a replacement router with AP built in. If you shop around online now you should be able to pick one up for the same price as a quality PCI wlan card.

And wrt to security, it will be as secure as the PSP and your configuration allows ;) as long as you restrict access to the PSP's mac address you don't really have that much to worry about... unless you're afraid of someone snooping your game traffic for techniques etc ;)

is there a way to play on network with the psp to computer cable?

also is ridgeracer a network compatible game, because i want to play online! :D

also is there a web browser on the psp, one that doesnt make me buy wipeout?

is there a way to play on network with the psp to computer cable?

> maybe in the future with the usb cable but don't hold your breath...

also is ridgeracer a network compatible game, because i want to play online! biggrin.gif

> only via xlink kai...

also is there a web browser on the psp, one that doesnt make me buy wipeout?

> perhaps in future firmware upgrades, although IIRC people are still arguing the the Wipeout browser is in the current firmware...

so easy for me to connect, PSP finds my wireless connection automatically, didn't have to do anything, just got lucky that when my DSL came in the mail they sent me a modem with a wireless router on it.

Back