Does Anybody Like That F200 Direction Pad?

housemonkey said:
I like it fine for most games. I actually like it better for fighting games than my PSP (simple modded) or DSL. But I dont really like it for shmups very much.

They are playable for sure, but they seem sort of clunky at times. Funny thing was that was the one area I really liked the MK2 I had in until it got a sort of dead zone in the stick.

It is pretty hard to beat a good joystick for those games though...
wow I'm completely the opposite of you. The main problem I have with the dpad is fighting games. I actually things its great for shmups and never feel like I mess up due to the controls. To me for shmups its as precise as I would need it to be. However, though I love shmups I'm probably not the best at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. It is great for everything except fighting games. It's almost impossible for me to pull off a dragon punch but fireballs are fine.

Silentrage said:
I agree. It is great for everything except fighting games. It's almost impossible for me to pull off a dragon punch but fireballs are fine.
I 2nd that. Dpad is fine but it cripples most fighters... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
For the GP2X, I use it for a combination of both mobile and on-the-TV gaming. So..when away from the TV, the direction pad works fine for me. But, when at the TV, I prefer my retro-usb controllers. Nothing beats playing NES, with a real NES controller :)

I used to like it better than my PSP dpad, but I did an SNES dpad mod to the PSP. Now it is awesome!

Back