Does Anybody Like That F200 Direction Pad?

Works for me.. I tried one of the self-adhesive PSP disks that fit over the top, but it really just made things ten times worse. It's OK as it is.

I wish I had the direction pad. I can't beat m bison with the stick.
Doing the quarter circle forwards are hard to do, but dragon punches are fairly easy.

for me its perfect except for fighting games. quarter and half circle motions (and even worse some of those snk death moves) can be hard to do consistently. Its probably worth mentioning I can have a hard time doing those on a "real" dpad as well.

yeah I like it, i here that alot of people dont like it

buts its bad for mortalcombat or king of fighters

Quiest said:
Wow only positive responses! Me too likes it :)
Another positive here. Even though it's four buttons it doesn't have a cheap feel to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it depends on the game. I like the F100 stick for games like Galaga, 1943 and Metal Slug but I prefer the F200 pad for games like Pacman, Q*bert and Pengo.

It took me about 1 day to get used to it.

I use my GP2X more than my PC control pad now (Logitech Precision).

Now when I play games on my PC, it feels weird and I suck!

One thing - I see from various packages the F100 had a centre click function, this seems absent on the F200 - or am I just not timing it right?

Eserim

eserim said:
One thing - I see from various packages the F100 had a centre click function, this seems absent on the F200 - or am I just not timing it right?

Eserim
your supposed to press all 4 buttons, i think.

waffles said:
eserim said:

Eserim
your supposed to press all 4 buttons, i think.

No, that doesn't work. Unless somebody made an unofficial patch or something.

There's no support in the F200 for stick-click emulation. It is a possibility we are looking into for the Open2X F200 kernel, however.

I like it fine for most games. I actually like it better for fighting games than my PSP (simple modded) or DSL. But I dont really like it for shmups very much.

They are playable for sure, but they seem sort of clunky at times. Funny thing was that was the one area I really liked the MK2 I had in until it got a sort of dead zone in the stick.

It is pretty hard to beat a good joystick for those games though...

Back