Does Downgrading Damage?

FatalFart

Still Fresh
Does downgrading the firmware (if possible) damage my gp2x? Because most of the games that came with the CD dont work...and most of the emulators and games i downloaded off of here dont work either...so, uh, Would downgrading work (I use firmware 4) ? If so, would it ever damage my gp2x? If it wont, then how do i do it? Thanks! Much Appreciated!

FatalFart said:
Does downgrading the firmware (if possible) damage my gp2x? Because most of the games that came with the CD dont work...and most of the emulators and games i downloaded off of here dont work either...so, uh, Would downgrading work (I use firmware 4) ? If so, would it ever damage my gp2x? If it wont, then how do i do it? Thanks! Much Appreciated!
Firmware 4 is really firmware 1 for the gp2x touch f200. No older firmware will work with your machine. If nothing is working, I suggest you try to get it exchanged.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely don't downgrade a F-200 below the current firmware (4.0).

I have tested all the games in the CD that came with the F-200; if I remember correctly, all of them worked (though a lot of them are already outdated, so your better of just getting the ones from the archives anyway). :p

EDIT: Most of the software I downloaded are working fine in my F-200. Probably a faulty unit? :huh:

The CD *I* got with my GP2X was a disaster: the english html manual was not even linked properly!! It couldn't load images or navigate; and more than half the games didn't work!

Basically, the night I unpacked everything, a cold shiver ran down my spine thinking I've been had with a dubious product from a dubious company.

In the end, I did was is suggested above: I went to the GP2X file archive and downloaded the games I wanted to play. I got the latest version of the games AND they worked on my F200.

Do the same, you'll find the GP2X rocks!!

Back