Psp Downgrade

Anonymous D

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
When downgrading a psp does the original firmware version matter?
I know downgrading a t82 motherboard psp is different, but would I be able to downgrade to 1.5 or 2.0 if
my psp was oringinally 2.5,2.6 or 2.7?

yes.. everything upto 2.71 can be downgraded as long as its not a TA what every motherboard...

anyway, 2.71 can now start homebrew up from the Game menu which allows you to start Devhook up on a 2.71 psp which allows you to emulate 1.5 firmware to play All homebrew while still having a 2.71 PSP :)

You can also now play ISO's on a 2.71 PSP via Devhook (Legally backed up ones of course ;) ;) )

2.71 homebrew enabler - http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-s-Homeb...pg/49/aid/67828

I found a downgrader that was advertised as "the easiest downgrader available" on PSP Hacks. It didn't require the GTA disc(which I will never own - piece of $%#^ game). Only requirement was it was a 2.71 downgrader. The site also had the 2.71 upgrade archived.

I upgraded to 2.71 and ran the program. Step by step instructions made it incredibly easy. This is the post I put up for my experience. I've since done this to 3 PSP's and all worked flawlessly. I downloaded DevHook which emulates 2.5, 2.6, 2.71, etc and I am having no issues at all. Everything I have tried runs great. :)

Seems to me the only restriction is the TA-082 mobo in the PSP. Nothing else seems to be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TA board isnt realy a restriction now anyway with Dark Alex's 2.71 Homebrew enabler :)

Classic Gamer posted on Oct 1 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
I found a downgrader that was advertised as "the easiest downgrader available" on PSP Hacks. It didn't require the GTA disc(which I will never own - piece of $%#^ game). Only requirement was it was a 2.71 downgrader. The site also had the 2.71 upgrade archived.

I upgraded to 2.71 and ran the program. Step by step instructions made it incredibly easy. This is the post I put up for my experience. I've since done this to 3 PSP's and all worked flawlessly. I downloaded DevHook which emulates 2.5, 2.6, 2.71, etc and I am having no issues at all. Everything I have tried runs great. :)

Seems to me the only restriction is the TA-082 mobo in the PSP. Nothing else seems to be an issue.

does it downgrade just 2.71 or everything below? ive done a few for people at work and now someone else wants it doin, but i have to get gta off my mate who borrows it off his girlfriends sons friend from school. do you only need the one programme? no messing about looking for firmware dumps etc?

CUPC4KES posted on Oct 1 2006 at 06:52 AM said:
Classic Gamer posted on Oct 1 2006 at 01:11 AM said:

does it downgrade just 2.71 or everything below? ive done a few for people at work and now someone else wants it doin, but i have to get gta off my mate who borrows it off his girlfriends sons friend from school. do you only need the one programme? no messing about looking for firmware dumps etc?

That particular program that didn't require the GTA disc was 2.71 only. The firmware for upgrading to 2.71 was on the site also so I downloaded both, upgraded to 2.71 and ran the program to downgrade to 1.5.

Of course Steve-O has a great point also. Why chance the brick if you don't have to? :)

heres the link to the dowgrader... you want the Full version ;) http://psp.xtrusion.es/en/

2.5 / 2.6 version requires GTA so grab the 2.71 version and upgrade the PSP to 2.71 and use that if you dont have GTA

Back