Psp Downgrading Possible Soon

Looks like theirs never going to be a WAB 1.52 / 2.0 to 1.5 downgrader and their never was anything ever produced -

WAB is DEAD, Enjoy WAB
since the begining of the team wab birth i am lazy to read rumours, shity forum, receive shity mail, etc... so i decided to post a little and terminal wab history.

i got my first PSP near JUNE 2005 ( friendly offer by Snkorea and fx0day )

i started to code, and i was very happy to discover a new console, without any documentation, with a little compiler hacked from the ps2dev one ( thanks loser )

i coded and released some oldschool demo effects ( unlimited sprites, full screen hard scroll, etc...) always released with sources code.

Then with Fx0day we released the first psp multipart intro called "killing psp"
Then i coded another intro called "oldskool" under the name of AloneTrio. Lot of people were happy to see that i released sources too and start to code too from this sources.i was very productive in the ps2dev forum and irc chan.

i coded another "like-"trainer intro, that was a intro simulating a trainer for puzzle bobble. At this moment lot a forum starting to talk about alonetrio and it's no working trainer, etc... i never said it was a working one, just an intro.

So i had idea to code a "mega" demo with some screen from different team wanting participate to this demo "like old time demo days". To do that i needed to code a main menu using a routs capable of launching elf from differents screen team. I quickly coded this rout using a Bri3d tips. And the idea to try launching an official commercial eboot came. and Surprise worked !!!!
So i released the FIRST LAUNCHER under the name of wab "WAB ms Launcher" with source code.

At this moment near all psp web site starting to talk about WAB team and the famous ms launcher. and Wab was a real respected "team" ( alonetrio and fx0day ). We received lot of email asking us about joining WAB. And WAB meet yoshihiro...

Yoshihiro LOOKED LIKE very friendly and a very good coder. Providing nice new idea for the next launcher. So we decided to make him a WAB member. Yoshihiro started to release some great tools for the psp under the WAB name. I found a new job in paris and i leave the psp coding scene but always looking about yoshihiro's work. Trying to give you some news about it. Before this new job, i was jobless and going to paris is a little expensive. i saw my web stats growing so i decided to make a paypal donation account, to permit people who liked my intro, launcher, sources nice to make a DONATION for the ALREADY DONE WORK.

At the same time, talking with yoshihiro using msn make us ( fx0day and me ) very surprise about some yoshihiro's noobs coding question, but even if this questions were no sense, he released tools, etc.. so we didn't take care about them.But we were also surprise to see same kind of tools or functionality some day after WAB from other people.

Then yoshihiro starting to talk me about a methode to DOWNGRADE the psp firmware even the 2.0. I was very enthousiast about it. Asking for detail and technics. First he told me about a game sharing trick. Then some day after talking about a swap method. I also saw the psp-dev team association to this project. So even if i was far from the scene i was happy to know and WRITE NEWS on the WAB site about it. He was happy to talk about it in lot of forum, post me some video links, etc... ( same fake video link i posted on wab site ) sorry for this but when the info come from someone of your team you beleive it.

I saw WAB website stats growing and growing each days, and lot of people asking by thousands mail " WHEN WILL THE DOWNGRADER WILL BE RELEASE ?". and more and more paypal donation thinking it was for the downgrader. So yoshihiro with the help of pspupdates.com, make a big fake news saying that 1.52 and 2.0 JAP / US was now downgradable and need some paypal to buy a 2.0 EU, permiting yoshihiro to code and test a EU version of the downgrader.

I continued to ask yoshihiro about a release date without anymore information.Then last week the wab server hard drive break down, and i bought a new hd yesterday. I learn on different web site that wab was disolved, even if it is not my decision, i approve it ;).

FROM NOW WAB IS COMPOSED ONLY BY (Snkorea, Fx0day and AloneTrio). YOSHIHIRO IS NO MORE A WAB MEMBER AND WONT BE ANYMORE. WAB IS NOW, LIKE AT START, A PSP DEMO CREW ONLY. IF YOU ARE MOTIVATE AND CODER WANTING CODE DEMO OR LITTLE GAME FOR PSP, DO SOME GRAPHIC LOGO, DO SOME SOUND AND MUSIC. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT ALONETRIO AT WAB DOT COM.

END OF STORY

MY personal feeling about yoshihiro:
like i can read on forums, i thing yoshihiro is not a real coder, he was always at the right place at the right time, i mean he take lot of it's code and idea from others and just mix it all. For sceptic people, just go catch yoshihiro then ask him some simple coding question like "what is a XOR exactly ?" or "what is the diference between compiling and linking ? " you think i am joking ? just ask him.

And if you want some info about the FAMOUS YOSHIHIRO DOWNGRADER mail him at:bebedamour06600@aol.com ( it is also it's msn add )

See you all soon in the next WAB production.

Back