Firmware Downgrade?

TGR

Still Fresh
Website
junkyardforums.com
I was just wondering if it is possible to downgrade the firmware without any major problems?

example:

2.1.1 to 2.1.0
2.1.1 to 2.0.0

and for downgrading would it just be the same process as upgrading?

I was just wondering if it is possible to downgrade the firmware without any major problems?

example:

2.1.1 to 2.1.0
2.1.1 to 2.0.0

and for downgrading would it just be the same process as upgrading?

Yes, and yes. I've done it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to downgrade to firmware 1.0...... Is that even possible?

The uboot screen from that firmware was a lot better than this one. It had an actual design instead of that gay plain green screen we have now.

EDIT: How do i change my profile so it doesn't say i'm stupid?

I want to downgrade to firmware 1.0...... Is that even possible?

The uboot screen from that firmware was a lot better than this one. It had an actual design instead of that gay plain green screen we have now.

EDIT: How do i change my profile so it doesn't say i'm stupid?
Well it was obviously put there for a reason, i'd say leave it incase other people mistake you for someone with even the slightest bit of intelligence.

1) The Green screen is not the Uboot screen, its the firmware screen.

2) I think the Uboot screen has been constant through all the firmwares.

Why the fuck would you want to go to a really shite build of the firmware just so you could have a different screen at t estart anyway? It would have a boot time of 40 seconds or whatever you fool, let alone a massive about of bugs, missing feautres, and most modern apps wouldn't neccasarily run.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.0 should work fine, but if you do attempt to install it, don't install an older version of u-boot - the new one will work fine and won't brick your GP2X. I also imagine most games would run since they are statically linked, but it is still a bit of a strange idea :S

Back