Dolphin Mobile reaches v0.9

No, I mean what makes him think the Shield is the best device for emulation?
Well let's see, console-quality controls, fastest CPU in an Android device, probably has good GPU drivers and probably properly supports the extensions it enumerates.. low latency audio.. seems pretty obvious to me..

but isnt the Snapdragon 800 a better CPU than the Tegra 4?
They're not CPUs, they're SoCs that contain CPUs. And in terms of performance I would not say S800's 4x2.3GHz Kraits are generally faster than Tegra 4's 4x1.9GHz Cortex-A15s. The power consumption may be lower, but Shield has a lot more thermal headroom and battery capacity than any S800 phone or even many tablets.

CPU SoC whatever. I am aware of the difference but I think for casual converstion they are more syantics than a true differentiation.

I havent seen any videos of Dolphin Mobile running on Tegra 4. Id like to compare it to he S800

but more to my origional point, where is he getting that statement from? "Its the best emulation device" sure why not? But what caused him to post that? It seems very random

CPU SoC whatever. I am aware of the difference but I think for casual converstion they are more syantics than a true differentiation.

I havent seen any videos of Dolphin Mobile running on Tegra 4. Id like to compare it to he S800

but more to my origional point, where is he getting that statement from? "Its the best emulation device" sure why not? But what caused him to post that? It seems very random
I was going off off this article: https://dolphin-emu....hall-fameshame/

Yeah, they haven't tried a Tegra 4 device yet, but Nvidia seems to have the most potential based on what was said. Besides that, the Shield is a BEAST and has the best benchmarks of any mobile device current on the market(as Exo stated, proper controls are also key).

I wasn't stating anything as fact, that's why I listed the "?". I'm no tech guru and that article was filled with a bunch of info that my brain cant understand or process, but what I could process seemed like the Shield is the only way Dolphin may ever be playable in the foreseeable future on a mobile device. If I was wrong in my assumption, no harm, no foul.

Chris

Playable? I doubt it. Maybe by September 2014 it will be playable, but not on the shield.
Yeah, it may not be playable on Shield, but there is no other mobile Android device that comes close, so it won't be happening elsewhere anytime soon either.

Chris

What I took from the Dolphin "Hall of Shame" article is that generally Nvidia are more receptive to providing driver fixes etc..

It will no doubt be sometime before we get full speed emulation, I suspect at least a couple more mobile device cycles, its just interesting to watch the emulators progress. I think overall the gamecube is my favourite console :)

Back