Donation Of Gp2x Valuepack

sam fisher said:
clone said:
Whoever gets 4th place at GBAX07, maybe?
(or maybe you were planning on an official DaveC coding competition :D)
Fullspeed perfect emulators with impecible sound emulation :D

With 1:1 resolution, With no crappy blurry fuzzy screen stretching, And none of that widescreen crap either, They are only good for movies, Not emulators. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
sam fisher said:
clone said:
Whoever gets 4th place at GBAX07, maybe?
(or maybe you were planning on an official DaveC coding competition :D)
Fullspeed perfect emulators with impecible sound emulation :D

With 1:1 resolution, With no crappy blurry fuzzy screen stretching, And none of that widescreen crap either, They are only good for movies, Not emulators. :rolleyes:

Trooper

What about FMV movies in games, can they be widescreen? :ph34r:

I really would like to know, if we get cool exclussive SONIC Games for GP2X, when we send SEGA the GP2X? I'm sure these guys could do great Stuff on GP2X with their Experience. ^^

Fargo said:
Give it to SDL project, http://libsdl.org/hardware.php

Yes, yes, and another YES! SDL is such a fantastic library, and writing games with it is truly a lot of fun. Imagine if things would run even speedier, wouldn't that be something :)

There have been some major SDL developments in the Open2x tree in the past few days such as hardware accelerated YUV by Matt Ownby. There are some ASM routines which should be used at some point soon too I believe.

Orkie said:
There have been some major SDL developments in the Open2x tree in the past few days such as hardware accelerated YUV by Matt Ownby. There are some ASM routines which should be used at some point soon too I believe.
Will we be able to use those developments by dynamically linking to SDL for specific use with Open2x? That would be so great :)

DaveC said:
_StefanS_ said:
Hi There,

I would like to donate a GP2X Valuepack :gp2x to someone in need (developer, or the like).

This console was bought a month ago, and have only been used twice; comes with all accessories etc.

The reason for my giving it away is that I don't use it, since I have a few other consoles that are more to my taste.

Anyway, I just thought it might be of some good use to someone out there, instead of it just collecting dust.

Write me a small note why you should have it, and I will determine who needs it most and send it your way.

PS: If someone finds the above inappropriate for this forum, then I'm sorry, this was the first place I found to post this message :unsure:

Sincerely,
Stefan
Maybe we should give it for some kind of prize for some compo or something. You could send it to me, I could D-pad mod it, then give it to some dev that we agree should get it.

Hi all,

Having looked at all the posts (and PM's), I think the above would be a good idea. Then you guys as a community could decide who gets it.

DaveC, could you PM me your address, and I will send to you.

PS: I forgot to mention that a 2Gb SD card is included in the giveaway aswell.

Hope you will find good use for it :D

Hehe..
If we hear soon that DaveC can suddenly overclock above 240MHz... :)
(and that the batteries last more than an hour...).
[[Only joking DaveC!]

A great gesture StefanS !

I know I havent been here long, doesnt change the fact I have an opinion though :p

I second the thought that it should go to the guys at fifengine.de

Maybe they would agree to produce a port and product for the gp2x if they received it, I sure would love to be able to play fallout on the gp2x and a new engine that is easy to develop for is only a plus.

~Fox (Major Fallout fan as well)

What ever happened to that freeware Zelda engine port to the GP2x? I know someone donated a GP2x to the guys who were developing that, but that's all I know...

Partially for that reason, I think that "Hey, I give you a GP2x! Can you port your software over to it?" isn't really a good idea. We'd better give it to people who ask for it (SDL?) rather than sending one to someone and quasi-forcing them to develop for it.

Megagun said:
What ever happened to that freeware Zelda engine port to the GP2x? I know someone donated a GP2x to the guys who were developing that, but that's all I know...

Partially for that reason, I think that "Hey, I give you a GP2x! Can you port your software over to it?" isn't really a good idea. We'd better give it to people who ask for it (SDL?) rather than sending one to someone and quasi-forcing them to develop for it.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=535812

Trooper

Megagun said:
I was thinking more along the lines of, "Hey mate, we have this unit here that can do this, this and this, and if you are interested in porting your engine to it we might be able to help by giving you this unit here."

Not bribery, but assistance and gentle persuasion :D

_StefanS_ said:
Hi all,

Having looked at all the posts (and PM's), I think the above would be a good idea. Then you guys as a community could decide who gets it.

DaveC, could you PM me your address, and I will send to you.

PS: I forgot to mention that a 2Gb SD card is included in the giveaway aswell.

Hope you will find good use for it :D
Ok it is up to you if you want to do that. I will put in a D-pad and hold it for a prize or what ever the community wants.

Then we need to figure out who will get it and that will be tough. Anyone have an idea of how to do it?

Maybe we should have it as a coding compo prize?

I could hold the compo - the best PC-Engine or SNES emu wins!!! :ph34r: Ok just kidding ;)

I actually think giving it to the fife devs would be a good move and could very well get us a fife to gp2x port. Only problem I see is that the engine does not seem complete...

A compo would of course be cool as it always is but then we would end up with the valuepack going to someone likely to already own a gp2x. I think it should be used to pull over another dev.

xnopasaranx said:
I actually think giving it to the fife devs would be a good move and could very well get us a fife to gp2x port. Only problem I see is that the engine does not seem complete...

A compo would of course be cool as it always is but then we would end up with the valuepack going to someone likely to already own a gp2x. I think it should be used to pull over another dev.

Agreed.

Back