Don't Laugh At Me

Death_Pigeon

Still Fresh
Is the Pandora the final name of the console or is it like most consoles keeping its finally name till closer to release such as the Wii did calling itself the revolution or the N64 calling itself the Ultra Famicon

icurafu said:
Yes, it is called Pandora, or OpenPandora or whatever.
And when you're not using it, it will be a ClosedPandora presumably ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Death_Pigeon said:
Is the Pandora the final name of the console or is it like most consoles keeping its finally name till closer to release such as the Wii did calling itself the revolution or the N64 calling itself the Ultra Famicon
The name is the development name but I can see no good reason to change it (not that the name is something I have any input about, it's just the name has stuck and we are all happy with it).

All the Linux code is littered with OMAP3_Pandora everywhere so I hope and prey nobody changes the name ;).

DJWillis said:
All the Linux code is littered with OMAP3_Pandora everywhere so I hope and prey nobody changes the name ;).
Just curious - what type of code has OMAP3_Pandora in it? Me, I know nothing, but I was surprised when you said this.

TaG said:
DJWillis said:
Just curious - what type of code has OMAP3_Pandora in it? Me, I know nothing, but I was surprised when you said this.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's the code that DJW's writing for the Pandora ;)

DJWillis said:
Search and replace did the job with my pet project (changing database access from mysql to a wrapper).

Chip said:
TaG said:
DJWillis said:
All the Linux code is littered with OMAP3_Pandora everywhere so I hope and prey nobody changes the name ;) .

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's the code that DJW's writing for the Pandora ;)

Most likely he is refering to kernel modifcations

Back