Release Don't Touch The Edge

NearTao

Website
www.neartao.com
YOUTUBE
UCD2urNmxTgZBdfCSWYyovCw
Just posted Don't Touch The Edge.  Grab it here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=donttouchtheedge

Okay... super duper twitch game here... and it totally needs C4A integration because, well it's nuts and deserves it.  I had to do a fair amount of modifications here to get it to play a bit more nicely on the Pandora.  For starters it was running windowed... I made it full screen, but then there was no way to exit so I had to add a few key events to handle ESC/Q to exit.

I was hitting a few issues with getting it to play the music file, so I might consider converting it to another format and loading it that way, or might take some time to see what libs and such need to be in place to play the .mp3.

Anyway... this game is pretty simple and looks like it might be fun to hack on a bit, so I might just do that.

Feel free to post suggestions and I'll see what I can get around to coding up.

I just updated it to play music... but it may not work if you don't have the community codec pack.

If somebody who doesn't have the codec pack installed can test for me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Yep, no codec pack here and I get music.

Interestingly, this is the first of your games today that doesn't leave the mouse pointer on the screen. Good work!
Yeah... was really bothering me on this one... I'll remove it from the others too then... it's easy enough to do :p

Back