Doom Absolution

Wycked

Still Fresh
Last time I tried to post this, the site was running crazy slow.

So if we can have Quake on the Wiz, how about Doom Absolution? It's basically a jazzed-up Doom 2, someone could make it work!

Wycked said:

So if we can have Quake on the Wiz, how about Doom Absolution? It's basically a jazzed-up Doom 2, someone could make it work!

There's a download link to it here, but I haven't tested it. Scroll down a bit. It's in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Tried to get this stuff working, not only did NONE of it work, but now I can't get prboom to work even after deleting it and re-copying to the SD.

I dunno what I did, but I got it working. I use the cable to transfer files, since the one time I took the SD out while it was on rendered it unusable, and I had to reformat it.

And the extra WADs are nice, but this is only a WAD called "Doom 64." It uses the graphics and sounds, but the maps and music aren't it. I'm talking about the Doom Absolution that used to be at Doom Depot. The Doom 64 they recreated from the ground up, that used doom2.wad. This might be it.

Wycked said:
I dunno what I did, but I got it working. I use the cable to transfer files, since the one time I took the SD out while it was on rendered it unusable, and I had to reformat it.

And the extra WADs are nice, but this is only a WAD called "Doom 64." It uses the graphics and sounds, but the maps and music aren't it. I'm talking about the Doom Absolution that used to be at Doom Depot. The Doom 64 they recreated from the ground up, that used doom2.wad. http://planetdoom.gamespy.com/View.php?view=DoomMods.Detail&id=9"] This[/url] might be it.

hmm, afraid I'm not sure then. the doom absolution runs on the doomsday engine (an openGL port) so it probably wouldn't work under prboom for wiz.

Wycked said:

Looks like the primary site is down. Found an alternate.

Since the interpreter is PrBoom this will not work. It seems to require a Jdoom version.

bman said:
Since the interpreter is PrBoom this will not work. It seems to require a Jdoom version.
Yeah, I know. That's why I posted in the "cool ideas and other wishes" forum.

Looks like the original site is up, and so is the source cooooode.

http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/abs-download.html

Someone should totally take a crack at it.

Back