Doom I & Ii

Catboi

Still Fresh
Hey, new to the boards, though I ordered my GP2X from GBAX awhile ago and still no e-mail as of yet >.<

But anyway i was wondering if anyone is/will be working on porting over Doom I & II?
Hexen & Quake is fantastic news and i cant wait to play them, but Doom was my first and favourite FPS and i would love to be able to play it on the move ^^

P.S. Windows XP sucks...try to play Doom and it doesn't recognise mouselook! You ever tried moving & looking on a keyboard? I'm fairly sure it results in cancer!

Ja =^.^=

Hey, new to the boards, though I ordered my GP2X from GBAX awhile ago and still no e-mail as of yet >.<

But anyway i was wondering if anyone is/will be working on porting over Doom I & II?
Hexen & Quake is fantastic news and i cant wait to play them, but Doom was my first and favourite FPS and i would love to be able to play it on the move ^^

P.S. Windows XP sucks...try to play Doom and it doesn't recognise mouselook! You ever tried moving & looking on a keyboard? I'm fairly sure it results in cancer!

Ja =^.^=

Doom didn't get mouselook until Doom3. That being said there are some wonderful source ports floating around that DO support it. My favorite at the moment is Zdoom. It supports many doom source games (ie: hexen, strife). For Win32 only at the moment.

BTW I'm sure a Doom port is just around the corner.

CoinOp
(keeping fingers crossed)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think its a question of doom being ported(Strife maybe :) ), its what goodness comes with the new hardware. Other than more iwads fitting on a card.

Doom didn't get mouselook until Doom3. That being said there are some wonderful source ports floating around that DO support it. My favorite at the moment is Zdoom. It supports many doom source games (ie: hexen, strife). For Win32 only at the moment.

Have you tried doomsday? It's my favorite port, but it doesn't work on 64bit linux gentoo :(

Ja =^.^=

BTW I'm sure a Doom port is just around the corner.

CoinOp
(keeping fingers crossed)
Doom didn't have mouselook, as such, but I'm sure it was always possible to use the mouse to "steer". Pushing the mouse up or down resulted in you moving forwards and backwards rather than the now traditional control over the Y axis though.

Theres no Strife source I dont think... which is why its port is going so slow.

Also, Doomsday is by a mile the best doom port. My Doom 1/2 directory is 1.2gigs because of all the enhancements and hidef stuff thats in it..... that I usually turn off while playing :p

Back